Effects pedals with ID amp

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Jim Belaye

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:41 am

About the on board delay, the Time knob, I know I can control it with TAP.
If I want 500ms is it 0.5 on time knob ? What is the unit of measure ? ms ?

Help please...

Andy Constantinou

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Before considering if I should buy the ID:60 head for my live endeavors I thought I'd bring my pedalboard home to test it through my ID:15 combo, I'm not disappointed!

My current JCM-2000 I have at my band room is very fizzy, clean sound isn't so bad but my distortions (Suhr Riot & Little Brute Drive) sound horrible through it.
Running into the ID amp I immediately found the sound I wanted; setting the voice to clean-warm and the EL34 valve sound I got back that nice thick bite from my pedals I haven't heard in a while. The clean-bright setting replicated my JCM's fizzyness but the clean-warm voice and pretty much anything on the TVP settings were satisfying. I'm a bit worried when it's cranked to level out with the drums it might present problems & of course change it's tone from bedroom level but that's what I like about the ID series, there's plenty of options to help you get the tone your after.

100% certain I will be getting the ID head next month and looking forward to kicking ass with it live!

schmokes

Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Last night's gig I was running a compressor, wah/volume, Joyo Ultimate Drive, Boss PS-6, MXR Super Badass Distortion, Mooer Reecho and a Joyo Classic Overdrive. It sounded ridiculously good. I ended up just using one channel on the ID60 all night, set right on the edge of breakup, and using the pedals to push it over the top. The Ultimate Drive (OCD copy) was really fantastic with it last night.

otter5555

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 pm

for my tones the id's have no need for any pedals but.....

i use a rockett animal, delay and compressor when i get the itch :)

all sound FINE. just like going through a good tube amp.

Andy Constantinou

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:02 pm

I've had an Ibanez Tube King sitting in a box for ages so I thought I'd test it through my ID:15.

If I was in any doubt about the valve emulation before a pedal with a tube in certainly helps, I'm getting a nice punchy, thick, natural tone which feels just right.
I thought more of the TVP options would sit better with the Tube King but I've stuck to the EL34's which seem to work best in conjunction with all the distortion pedals I've tried through it.

Just sorting out my recording setup with the ID and then I'll start getting some videos up on my channel 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/andyconstantinou

CuztardPi

Wed May 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Again I'm late to the party on this thread ... as others have discussed, it was also not my plan to use pedals with my ID260; I only wanted to use the FCB1010 midi board for the sake of simplicity.

.. but, I've just added a couple of external pedals to my set-up to solve particular needs in using my rig for live work, that I cannot really get from just the amp & FCB1010. It works so successfully, I thought I'd share it with you folks!!

My Setup now:
Guitar -> Mooer Yellow Compressor -> Mooer Pure Boost -> ID260 <- Midi (FCB1010)

Both Mooer pedals are inexpensive (~£50 each) and very small, so do not overcrowd the area at your feet, but do perform excellently IMO!!

I've been leaving the compressor ON virtually all of the time (it adds that certain 'something' that you feel in your fingers probably more than anyone can actually hear .. I love it. It's true that you feel/hear it more with clean sounds but it also works well with dirty sounds).

The Pure Boost is also very transparent (= does not affect the original guitar/amp tone when On). I use it as a volume/solo boost on all my different presets. It reacts with the ID260 just if it was plugged into a real valve amp (again confirming my opinion that the ID260 really is a great amp!!).
i.e. When turned On:
- with clean amp sounds, you get the required volume increase with some small increase in 'grit' from the amp.
- with most dirty amp sounds, as you would expect, there is somewhat less of an increase in overall volume but you do get a nice hike in the gain from the amp (it thickens up the sound great)

This for now is the perfect set-up for me!
(until at some point I change my mind; as we guitarists are inclined to do in search for the Holy-Grail of tones).

Jim Belaye

Thu May 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Now I have a Boss CS-3 + MXR Badass 78 distortion and a Boss BD-2 (Blues Driver)

With the right setup they sound pretty, pretty good with my ID15. 8-)
I use the delay, reverb and modulation from the amp.

PhD

Fri May 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi.
I now use a ZENDRIVE overdrive to compensate for the sustain decay at low levels on the CRUNCH and SUPER CRUNCH channels. I also use sometimes a YAMAHA compressor, and a BOSS GE07 equalizer.

guitarman001

Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 am

My ID260 takes pedals really well.

I run a whole pedal board in front of it. The distortion I get with my Riot Reloaded going through the clean channel is just as good as the Blackstar distortion!

Why do I run a full pedal board in front of it? I'd use the Blackstar FX but I'd forget what each button represented FX wise whilst I can see that clearly on my pedal board. BUT more importantly, I change between patchs and FX a lot and you have to hold that 1st switch down for THREE SECONDS to switch between patches and FX. MAJOR let-down for live work.... so I tend to just use the amp as a big speaker.

Come on Blackstar - make a footswitch with two rows of buttons - one for channels and the other for FX!

jds22

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:06 pm

guitarman001 wrote:My ID260 takes pedals really well.

I run a whole pedal board in front of it. The distortion I get with my Riot Reloaded going through the clean channel is just as good as the Blackstar distortion!
I've never used OD/Dist pedals with my 260 but have been thinking about it lately and the Riot is at the top of my list.
Do you have any recordings of yours?

• Information