Effects pedals with ID amp

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Garhel

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Not had my id:100 too long, but even after just a couple of gigs in I've found it be great with my normal pedalboard. I run a vox wah, into a vox boost pedal set to add crunch with no volume increase, into a Big Muff fuzz, into my TC Electronics Nova, which I use for the odd bit of compression, phaser, chorus, boost and some octave effects when I need them.

The whole set up works really well, and with essentially 4 patches on the foot switch per song (I can't even imagine trying to switch between green, Amber, red mid song yet!), I find it's incredibly versatile, and more than everything I need for the wide-ranging covers band I play in...

Jim Belaye

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:22 am

Garhel wrote:Not had my id:100 too long, but even after just a couple of gigs in I've found it be great with my normal pedalboard. I run a vox wah, into a vox boost pedal set to add crunch with no volume increase, into a Big Muff fuzz, into my TC Electronics Nova, which I use for the odd bit of compression, phaser, chorus, boost and some octave effects when I need them.

The whole set up works really well, and with essentially 4 patches on the foot switch per song (I can't even imagine trying to switch between green, Amber, red mid song yet!), I find it's incredibly versatile, and more than everything I need for the wide-ranging covers band I play in...
Hello Garhel,
So the Big Muff sounds good with your ID amp ? A lot of people are saying not to use fuzz with ss amp.
Me, I went with a Mooer Black Secret distortion (Proco Rat clone) It's very good for David Gilmour tones. (solos)
I am tempted by a Big Muff kind of fuzz. I was wondering will it sound good with my ID ss amp at low volume ?

Cheers from Canada

Garhel

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi Jim

It sounds great, but you have to be careful with it. It's actually a Big Muff Pi, I use it with a clean sound on the amp, and I love it.
I find I have issues when I'm trying to use it to take an already dirty sound on the amp even further - there seems to be some sort of conflict which is an interesting sound but is quite "choppy", if that's the right word. Although I think this is the pedal, as I have the same problem when I use it with my Mesa valve amp.

It really only gets used for 2 songs... One where the amp is clean, and the fuzz is on for the whole song, and when it gets to the solo bit I just stomp on the boost to make it a bit louder and wilder, and one where I have a clean amp, crunch from the vox boost pedal for the rhythm stuff, and then the Fuzz for the solo.

You have to work with it to get the settings right, and figure out how it interacts with the amp and other pedals, but the results when you get the sweet spot will have you grinning from ear to ear!

Cheers, Gary

Garhel

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:41 pm

P.s. I also have an 80s ProCo Rat on a different pedalboard :-)
Great pedal - I'll dig hat out tonight and see how that sounds!

Cheers Gary

johned

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 am

I'm with Peter,
The mod'd CS-3 into my ID60 is a great combination. I also have a CryBaby in the chain.
Cheers,
John

Madimax wrote:Hi Jim! Im using the CS-3 between the guitar and the amp. I have used this pedal for many years with different amps and could not be without it. I have modded it so it sounds even better with the CS-3 Opto Mod from http://www.monteallums.com.

Kind regards Peter from Sweden :P

jheavey

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Hey guys, so I just bought an ID 30 yesterday and I'm in love with it but have a quick question about using pedals and what might be good.

1) Assuming you're not using the ID Footswitch do you simply plug your pedals into the Footswitch jack?
2) Would a compressor be a good pedal? I've grown fond of OD1 and the 6L6 but it seems the low end could just a little bit of tightening up (I keep my bass around 2/3)
3) Anyone try a good ole TS9 yet?

Thanks!

captainnemo70

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:56 pm

jheavey wrote:Hey guys, so I just bought an ID 30 yesterday and I'm in love with it but have a quick question about using pedals and what might be good.

1) Assuming you're not using the ID Footswitch do you simply plug your pedals into the Footswitch jack?

Thanks!
definitively not,
the footswitch jack is for plugging in footswitches that change channels in the amp NOT for foot pedals,
your footpedals such as a comp or OD would go

guitar---------------pedals---------amp input.

theres voltage that comes out of the FS pedal input, you may damage a footpedal if you connected it there

jheavey

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:47 pm

How does one use pedals on this amp then?

Thanks.

captainnemo70

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:43 pm

as i said in the post above,

guitar into pedals , pedals into front guitar input on the amp, unless your wanting to put stuff (reverbs delays, mods, etc ) into the fx loop , but the simplest way is as above

Tony Byrne

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:54 am

Hi Jerry,I've just bought a ID30 TVP and want to add my own pedals.How did you link yours?With no effects in/ out,and even with the output lead into A effect and then to guitar will not work for me.Again,how did you work it?
Regards, Tony.

• Information