Footswitch and preset strategies for gigs and jamming

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
cadblaster

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Go back into edit mode where you select the midi channel. There should be an option for Btn 5-9 where you turn on/select the midi channel for it to send on. I think the default mode is "Off" . Select channel 1. Do this for each of the 5 buttons.

Also check your patches. If you don't have reverb/delay/fx saved in your patch to begin with,,, there's nothing for the CC command to toggle on/off.

frettfreak

Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:38 pm

cadblaster wrote:Go back into edit mode where you select the midi channel. There should be an option for Btn 5-9 where you turn on/select the midi channel for it to send on. I think the default mode is "Off" . Select channel 1. Do this for each of the 5 buttons.

Also check your patches. If you don't have reverb/delay/fx saved in your patch to begin with,,, there's nothing for the CC command to toggle on/off.
that was it! thanks!

One more quick question that may help someone else as well if they are reading through this thread, but when i go into change the midi channels, the first set of options starts with "S1CH" and goes to "S6ch the manual says they are for program changes. are program changes the same as patch changes? i am just a little confused and also wondering what those correspond to (since it goes to 6, i doenst appear to be mapped to the bottom row of buttons)?

cadblaster

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Try not to get side tracked with all the options:-)
PC = program change or patch.
The midi mate is capable of sending 6 independent PC command across 6 different midi channels all in a single button push. You'll appreciate this more when programming big rigs with multi amps and multi rack and loop fx.
Sorry so short, running late for show....

Omar260

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:45 pm

CuztardPi wrote:I know I’m a bit late to the ‘party’ on this one but I’ve just been reprogramming my B* ID260 & my MIDI controller for a gig (last week) so it is all fresh in my mind. Anyway my 2d, for what it is worth:

Cheers!
Thanks for the detailed post :D

teleworm1337

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:05 pm

I use the same set-up for all occasions (home/jams/live/etc) so that I know exactly where ‘that’ sound is when I want it.

• Information