INSIDER 1.3.0.1 Released Today

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 am

Hi all,

We have a new version of INSIDER available for release. To get it, go to http://www.blackstarinsider.co.uk and download either the MAC or PC version. This release fixes some compatibility issues with OSX Mavericks and Windows 8.1.

Release notes can be found here: http://www.blackstarinsider.co.uk/releasenotes.php

We recommend upgrading to this more stable version whenever possible.

myk.robinson

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Are you able to provide more details on what was done with regard to assorted bug fixes?

Thanks

cadblaster

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 pm

+1
Would love to know if any of the midi implementation bugs were touched.........

Snakeruler

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 pm

My support request was ignored. Your 'stable' version of this software doesn't work on my Macbook. I get a blank white screen.

Can anybody give me some support please, because Blackstar aren't giving me any.

PhD

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi. I installed immediately, but was suspicious with the sub/sub/sub release change, meaning usually nothing significant. Clearly, NOTHING significant! The tuner remains as bad, the mp3 audio still does not get out (using my ASUS netbook with W7 all patches), firmware remains 1.3.0 so no update in the amp... In short, the only change I encountered was the desktop icon... pity! But I guess that is was a x.y.z.1 version means!

madbanjoman

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 pm

my guess is this was only to fix the problem with using insider with windows 8.1 and mac os x mavericks

Highland Star

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 pm

So basically, Blackstar have been "economical" with the truth on the fixes. Looks like Blackstar have scored an own goal here.

Jim Belaye

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Ok, I had three issues with Insider...

1- The tuner with the Insider software, not working properly.
2- When saving a patch with Insider, tempo delay is not saved correctly.
3- The noise gate does not work properly with OD1 & OD2 when set at ''high''.

1- The tuner is still a pain in the neck, especially the three little strings
2- This one is fixed, working as it should.
3- This one is better but still not working properly. (OD1 & OD2 with noise gate)
It does not cut the sound while you are playing but it still cuts the sustain after a few seconds.
This problem is present with OD1, OD2 with noise gate at low or high.
Suggestion, it would be nice if the noise gate, fixed of course, can be used with all the voices.
We need a firmware update and a new version of Insider with the bugs fixed please... :shock:
Also, I can not download a patch, still waiting for a solution from Blackstar.(2 weeks)

So only ONE thing is solved, this is very, very disappointing. :(
I bought it two weeks ago and I am seriously thinking about returning it to the store.

dradd

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Downloaded and installed tonight on my Mac Mini running Mavericks.
The only fix is the Silverlight issue, so now at least Insider can actually see the amp connected to it and allows me to sync my patches.
Can't save layout settings still, and when quitting Insider it produces an error report as according to OSX it's quite unexpectedly.

Fingers crossed for 1.4?

PhD

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi. I don't think ANY issue related to the amp itself is solved, as there is no new microcode (firmware) downloaded... It is still 1.3.0 plain after connection with new insider. So any possible change is subjective. Unfortunately! Very bad news to my opinion.

• Information