People's experiences with the ID:30 & 60

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Tcrumpen

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:54 pm

I jammed on the ID:60 at a music store today and loved the tone, however i don't have the money right now to afford one, so i just thought i'd ask people experiences with this series of amps

Current Gear:

Tokai SG
Roland 20XL

Genres i like to play: Metal, Classic Rock, Love Songs, Thrash Metal
Artists that inspire me: Metallica, Iron Maiden, The Who, Van Halen, Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, Social Distortion, Orianthi, Evlis, Theroy of a Deadman, Poison, KISS, Twisted Sister, Guns N' Roses

MistaSnowman

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi, I have the ID:30 and I recommend this amp to anyone willing to listen! In your case OP, the ID:30 can do the Metallica sound (6L6, American setting on the ISF), the Slash sound (EL-34, British), and anything in between...it is THAT versatile!!! Also with the firmware update that came out today, you will have access to Mid, presence, and resonance controls available on the ID:30 (same as the ID:60).

Good luck with what you decide!!!

RedHotFuzz

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:59 pm

So now that the mid, presence and resonance controls are accessible on the ID:30, what other significant differences are there between it and the ID:60 aside from the physical size and amount of power?

As a learner playing strictly in my home "man cave" right now, the ID:60 is probably overkill in both the features and sound output departments. But are there any major feature improvements in the ID:60 I may regret not spending extra for a year or two down the road?

Tcrumpen

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:07 pm

MistaSnowman wrote:Hi, I have the ID:30 and I recommend this amp to anyone willing to listen! In your case OP, the ID:30 can do the Metallica sound (6L6, American setting on the ISF), the Slash sound (EL-34, British), and anything in between...it is THAT versatile!!! Also with the firmware update that came out today, you will have access to Mid, presence, and resonance controls available on the ID:30 (same as the ID:60).

Good luck with what you decide!!!
In which case the 30 might be the best bet, as far as i know you can control the mids through Blackstar's modelling software thing am i right

MistaSnowman

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Tcrumpen wrote:In which case the 30 might be the best bet, as far as i know you can control the mids through Blackstar's modelling software thing am i right
You are correct.

Tcrumpen

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Well i think i've found my new amp, now am i'm gonna be able to get my parents to go halves on it with me as a graduation present to myself

MistaSnowman

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Tcrumpen wrote:Well i think i've found my new amp, now am i'm gonna be able to get my parents to go halves on it with me as a graduation present to myself
Awesome!! Enjoy your new amp!!!

otter5555

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:57 pm

i own the 15 and 30
i both practice and gig with both (smaller rooms)

they are BOTH louder than i ever need
both sound GREAT
both cover everything but the hardest metal
both take pedals like a tube amp

i have zero gripes and only praise for these 2 amps

frettfreak

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:22 am

I have a 60 (for about a week) and i cant hep but smile every time i play this thing. Its EXTREMELY satisfying to play. and the 30 or the 15 should have all the same tone with just a little different access panel. I would say get whatever one you can and upgrade later when its a possibility. You wont be disappointed!

Tcrumpen

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 pm

otter5555 wrote:i own the 15 and 30
i both practice and gig with both (smaller rooms)

they are BOTH louder than i ever need
both sound GREAT
both cover everything but the hardest metal
both take pedals like a tube amp

i have zero gripes and only praise for these 2 amps
By hardest metal we talking like Disturbed here or stuff even heavier? cos if it's like scremo style thats ok, never liked screamo anyway or as a friend of mine calls it "proper heavy metal"

Also thought the ID amps had no effects pedals loop?

• Information