Version 1.4 is Here

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
RedHotFuzz

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Madimax wrote:Extended TAP ‘shift’ functionality for ID:15TVP and ID:30TVP - hold the TAP switch and change the Bass, Treble and ISF controls to gain access to Resonance, Presence and Middle parameters respectively
Does anyone think they'll add the labels for the now TAP-enabled controls to the knob control panel on newly-manufactured units?

Jim Belaye

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Ok. it went smoothly for me too.

The best procedure, uninstall 1.3, clean registry and install 1.4.
Connect the amp to the PC, start Insider and power on the amp.
Windows will detect the ''new'' hardware and ask you to restart.
Leave the amp on and restart. Start Insider and it will informe you
that there is a firmware upgrade available, click ok and wait.
To make sure the firmware is updated, click global settings, up right in Insider.
You should see, amp firmware v1.4.0.

No time today but I will play this weekend and see if changes in 1.4 are good.

Regards from Canada (Gold medal in Hockey in Sotchi :P )
Last edited by Jim Belaye on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Belaye

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:02 pm

About those two things in the 1.4.0 version...
1- Voicing improvements to the ID:15TVP and ID:30TVP 2- Preamp improvements
This is an email from Blackstar...
With reference to preamp- Crunch, OD1 etc is the preamp of the amplifier; the improvements within the new upgrade are related to the performance of the gain stages within the preamps, mainly to make them ‘smoother’ and less ‘noisy’.

‘Voicing’ refers to the fine tuning of the sound of the amplifier so that the preamp, TVP and master section are all working together to achieve the best possible sound from the mechanical system of the cabinet and speaker.

Jim Belaye

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 am

About the Extended TAP ‘shift’ functionality (Resonance, Presence and Middle ).
Anyone tried it ? To go back to initial settings (bass treble ISF), hold the tap button again ???

I read the new Insider Handbook this feature is not mentioned in the document.

PhD

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:33 am

Hi. For those who have the upgrade problem (message that there is a newer version installed): just REMOVE first the previous one entirely (this won't delete your data files, patches etc...) and THEN install the new one. BS programmers have certainly messed up with the revisions check...
Had the problem, finally worked for me.
Ph

MistaSnowman

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 am

Jim Belaye wrote:About the Extended TAP ‘shift’ functionality (Resonance, Presence and Middle ).
Anyone tried it ? To go back to initial settings (bass treble ISF), hold the tap button again ???
I've tried it but there isn't any indication of which set of controls are in effect when I did.

BDX

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:02 pm

On Mac with OS X 10.9.2 it's the same crappy piece of software as the version before. The system as well as any other software is recognizing my amp, only this f**kin' Insider sh*t doesn't see the ID:15. I hate it! :evil:

Yeah, I could use the old 1.3.0.0, but I want to benefit from the improvements of 1.4.0, too! :roll:

C'mon Blackstar, what the hell are you doing?!
Attachments
WTF.png
WTF.png (244.7 KiB) Viewed 12828 times

frettfreak

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:59 am

BDX wrote:On Mac with OS X 10.9.2 it's the same crappy piece of software as the version before. The system as well as any other software is recognizing my amp, only this f**kin' Insider sh*t doesn't see the ID:15. I hate it! :evil:

Yeah, I could use the old 1.3.0.0, but I want to benefit from the improvements of 1.4.0, too! :roll:

C'mon Blackstar, what the hell are you doing?!
I am not a mac guy, but if you have any visualization software on it (think there are several free options) and emulate a windows environment you may not have the issue. No, its not the right answer (IMO blackstar programmers need to program with more up to date technologies) but it could be a viable work around until they get around to completely rewriting the program in a different coding language. ;)

Also, to whoever at blackstar may be watching, the manual in the download section still pulls down the v 1.3 manual.

frettfreak

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Jim Belaye wrote:...

Where did you get the NEW (v1.4) insider handbook? Here is the link from the support handbooks page:

http://www.blackstaramps.com/pdf/handbo ... .3.0.0.pdf

Its still v1.3 I have tried tweeting B* and Made comments on this thread i thought they would be monitoring but i have not seen a response from them. If you have the 1.4 manual, could you share it please? thanks. :D

CuztardPi

Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm

frettfreak wrote:
Jim Belaye wrote:...

Where did you get the NEW (v1.4) insider handbook? Here is the link from the support handbooks page:

http://www.blackstaramps.com/pdf/handbo ... .3.0.0.pdf

Its still v1.3 I have tried tweeting B* and Made comments on this thread i thought they would be monitoring but i have not seen a response from them. If you have the 1.4 manual, could you share it please? thanks. :D
here:
http://www.blackstarinsider.co.uk/support.php

• Information