Insider software...

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
frettfreak

Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Let me preface this by saying I FREAKING LOVE MY ID60!!!! Seriously impressive tones and very easy to use. Blackstar, you guys nailed it (though i dont know and kinda doubt they monitor these forums.

That being said, I need some help with insider. This has got to be one of the worst programmed pieces of software i have every had the displeasure of using. Let me fill in some back story so you know hat has been done and hopefully someone can help.

Got my ID yesterday downloaded insider, yesterday and installed it (i am running windows 7 x64 by the way). Plugged in my new amp and needed to update firmware. So i said ok. Got stuck several times, uninstalled the software, cleaned the registry as suggested, rebooted the computer, re-downloaded the software (just in case) and re-installed. Finally it updated the amp. Thought i would be done. proceeded to open insider and it wouldnt find the amp. unplugged and replugged the amp in, made sure windows sees it and installs the driver and it did. changed usb ports and it worked, i was using insider (yay)... for about 30 minutes. Then, without ANYTHING being changed by me (didnt touch the cables, i was using the software adjusting a patch) it couldnt see my amp again. tried a different usb port, nothing. Tried a different cable, nothing. Reboot the computer and turned the amp off and on, finally it saw the amp but now hangs when i try to open it at "reading amplifier patches". stopped there 3 times, then decided to work.

Does everyone have these issues? should i contact B* for warranty, a dud unit perhaps? Is this what i can expect anytime i want to use insider? :?

xsefiroth

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:00 am

Did u ever try to update microsoft silverlight yet?

frettfreak

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:10 am

I FINALLY got everything working. And its been pretty stable. The last issue i had that i couldnt figure out was there was no download button showing up when i went to download songs. Had to install flash for IE (not just chrome) for it to work right. There was a lot more leading up to that but its working fairly good now. :D

• Information