id 30 wont connect to insider 1.4

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
robro

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:39 am

otter5555 wrote:thankyou for the link
You´re welcome.

Judging by the threads regarding Insider it seems that some of us have a lot of problems while others have no problem at all with the software. Since all the computers I´ve hooked up with my amp can see the amp it just has to be a software problem.

I raised the question with BS support if it would be possible if my amp has a really old firmware that incompatabilty between the amps old firmware and a newer Insider software could be the root of the problem. They didn´t think so. Since I don´t have a really old version of the Insider software it´s impossible to test my theory. Furthermore, since Insider can´t find my amp I can´t tell what firmware version is running on the amp.

otter5555

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:17 pm

no replay from BS so far.

just for grins drove over to a friends house. he's got a id 30 also.

installed 1.4 on his win 7 laptop. it wont connect either. removed 1.4, installed 1.3. instantly connected.

went home. dug out an old xp puter that hasnt been booted up in at least 2 years.

updated silverlight and flash. installed 1.4. will not connect. removed 1.4, installed 1.3 and both my 15 and 30 connect instantly.

something is wrong with 1.4.

it seems only a handful of users are having this connectivity problem but it is definitely a 1.4 problem and most definitely not a computer problem.

otter5555

Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm

robro wrote:I have posted in the thread regarding Insider on OSX on this issue. I´ve tried connecting my ID260 to 5 different computers and 2 of them were PC´s running Windows 8. One Mac running Windows 7 aswell. I can´t get it to work either. I´ve tried 1.3.0 up to 1.4 and have pretty much given up hope on ever getting it to work.

Anyhoo, when I first contacted BS support I tried using the online support form but I never got an answer. Then I tried this email address directly from my email client and immidiately got an answer:

enquiries@blackstaramps.com

They have sent several emails asking questions and suggesting ideas so you might try that approach. Maybe you´ll get your amps to work. Best of luck.
never got any reply to any of my emails to blackstar. i must say their service truly sucks

otter5555

Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:25 pm

called blackstar again - they suggested turn off windows firewall.

turned off firewall, still no connection

waiting to hear back again

tried an old xp laptop

installed 1.4 no connection to 15 or 30

installed 1.3 connects instantly

went to a buddies house that has a 30

installed 1.4 on his desktop, will not connect to my 15 or 30 or his 30

installed 1.3 on his desktop and all amps connect instantly

this is gettin' really old really fast

all i want is the f###ing resonance and presence controls on my 15 and 30

and the f###ing software will not connect

frettfreak

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Insider is really killing this whole experience for me. I have a 60, and everything was working (after a day and half of uninstalling and re-installing insider, .net framework, flash, and silver light multiple times as well as playing hot potato with my usb ports) but then all of a sudden, all i get is either a white screen when i fire up insider, or i get the black splash screen, it says initializing and then the icon shows up in my task bar but when i click, i get nothing.

Have emailed b* but they take a couple days to get back on email. I am LOVING this amp, but their support and insider are horrendous!

bclarke675

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:40 pm

I tried asking about it on the webinar yesterday, but they acted like I hadn't asked the question.

Would really like to see a resolution on this, as I'm deciding whether to replace a 1980s Carvin tube amp

otter5555

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

still no help from blackstar.

still no answers to ANY of my emails.

this is a new low for customer service.

as stated above, all 9 (yeah, its up to 9 now) computors see my amps, i can record via usb, etc.

only 1.4 refuses to see my amps

this is a software problem and bs doesnt seem to want to even talk about it.

oh well,

i'm pissed enough at bs that i may sell ALL my bs amps and just play my marshalls. marshall actually answers emails.

no company is better than their customer service.

bclarke675

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:23 pm

how recently did you buy your 30? Is there a chance that it might be a fault in your amp that only shows up with the new Insider & firmware? Will the store you bought the amp from swap you to see if that works? FWIW

otter5555

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 am

this 3 differebt id's

2 of mine
another owned by a friend

several more owned by players that i called

not an amp problem

its a 1.4 problem

• Information