Extended TAP 'shift' functionality and a question on Delay

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Jim Belaye

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:27 am

1- About the Extended TAP 'shift' functionality (Resonance, Presence and Middle )
This is only on the amp in manual mode ? Can it be done on a patch ans saved ?
One thing is sure, if I hold the TAP button nothing changes visually in the Insider software.
That would be a nice improvement in the next version, don't you think ???

Also, the Extended TAP ‘shift’ functionality (Resonance, Presence and Middle ).
To go back to initial settings (Bass, Treble, ISF), hold the tap button again ???
How can I be sure if it is back to default, Bass, Treble, ISF ???

I read the new Insider Handbook and this feature is not mentioned in the document.

2- About the delay effect especially the time control knob.
If I want 500 ms is it 0.5 or 5.0 on time knob ? What is the unit of measure ? ms ?

Help please... 8-)

cadblaster

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:07 am

Probably not the answer you want to hear :mrgreen:
I don't think the delay time and the knob correspond to anything, so I just use the tap delay, metronome, and math to set it and then save it.
500ms for example:
60,000/500ms = 120 Beats per minute.

I use 380ms and 600ms a lot so 157BPM & 100BPM.

Jim Belaye

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:47 pm

All right, I received a response from Blackstar about my two questions...

Delay << The delay is 100ms when the pot is all the way to the left and 2 seconds at max. This means that 500ms is around 2.4 on the pot. To get a finer range of delay times hold shift as you are chaining the delay time with insider. This slows down the knob movement. >>

The extended TAP functionality << The extended TAP functionality works in all modes. manual and patch. when tap is held down it temporarily changes these controls. as soon as you take your finger off tap then the knobs go back to their main use. Presence and resonance cannot be saved in a patch but if the middle is changed then this will be saved in the patch. >>

Thanks to Ollie Clubb from Blackstar.

otter5555

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:59 pm

"The extended TAP functionality << The extended TAP functionality works in all modes. manual and patch. when tap is held down it temporarily changes these controls. as soon as you take your finger off tap then the knobs go back to their main use. Presence and resonance cannot be saved in a patch but if the middle is changed then this will be saved in the patch. >>"

amazing, if presence and resonance cant be saved in a patch....why even bother?

random

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 pm

I somewhat agree with you, but that behavior isn't only on the 13 and 30 where those controls are only accessible via TAP, it's all of them. The idea I think is to give you some global EQ to adjust all your patches to the room or situation. Without that, if you're in a really boomy or trebly room, you'd have to edit every patch individually.

That said, I'd really like post-pretty-much-everything EQ you *can* save with each patch. Since I also see the value of of global EQ, I guess that means I want both, which is kind of over the top for an amp that's trying to be user friendly. Besides, there isn't room really, even on the larger IDs.

What I think I'd *really* like is a global option to make Resonance and Presence global or not, let you pick which you'd rather have. What do other folks think about that?

• Information