ID: series strong damping effect

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
patrick2099

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Actionman wrote:
I agree 100%!
I'm guessing a factory hardware recall would be costly.
Doing the right thing and biting the bullet is probably not going to happen.
I look at it this way, if B* acknowledges the issue and follows through they'll have a customer base for ever.
If they don't, this product line will slowly lose it's market share and fall to the way side along with the customer.
I'm not holding my breathe on this but am hopeful they hire a talented DSP programmer to somehow miraculously create a software hack to fix the issues many of us have.
Very true. They probably have a bean counter somewhere, who figured out that the cost of the hardware recall would grossly outweigh the lost revenue caused by screwing their customers.

jageya

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:00 am

I am having the same issues with my ID:260 TVP. Crunch/Super Crunch only, harsh noise gate effect next to no note decay even with medium strumming.I find it hard toplay bluesy rifs that need soft to hard playing on and off.....i also have my 2nd idcore40 with issues on the od-1 and 2 noisegate...on low they cut off way too soon because other idcore40 amps i tried and the last one i sent back didnt do this so drastically...on this id core 40 which i will also be sending back the vol contol has lag in the software program and takes long to react to the movement of the control..the last idcore 40 i had didnt do this..same software and frmware....i am starting to think there is a quality control issue with this company.

patrick2099

Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Has anyone seen any kind of update on this? I'm not expecting one, but still hoping for the best.

djbroomy

Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:37 pm

I the same problem with the ID15, I sent an email asking about a software update but never recieved a reply.

patrick2099

Sun May 17, 2015 3:31 pm

patrick2099 wrote:Has anyone seen any kind of update on this? I'm not expecting one, but still hoping for the best.
I guess Blackstar's "support" philosophy is that is you ignore a problem for long enough, it will go away.

daveola

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:20 am

Had same problems with my ID60 head, plus usual insider software issues, dodgy fs10, had this amp since April 2013, took me 6months to save for it, all seemed ok at the beginning, but reading thru this forum brings to light how so many of us who has spent hard earned money on a product that we all have the same problems and issues with and B* doing f-all about it
Customer service is shocking........maybe artisan owners get more attention!
for me the romance is over.....i think they should have stuck with valves amps, but rushed into this Id series to quick, now they have tens of thousands of users with faulty products and no solution, ive not used mine or gigged it since February 2015

just dug my marshall jubilee and stomp boxes outta retirement, 30 odd year old amp never let me down. Gigged it for 18years solid....oh well back to back ache ....
Hope B* pull there finger out......

patrick2099

Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:28 pm

daveola wrote:Had same problems with my ID60 head, plus usual insider software issues, dodgy fs10, had this amp since April 2013, took me 6months to save for it, all seemed ok at the beginning, but reading thru this forum brings to light how so many of us who has spent hard earned money on a product that we all have the same problems and issues with and B* doing f-all about it
Customer service is shocking........maybe artisan owners get more attention!
for me the romance is over.....i think they should have stuck with valves amps, but rushed into this Id series to quick, now they have tens of thousands of users with faulty products and no solution, ive not used mine or gigged it since February 2015

just dug my marshall jubilee and stomp boxes outta retirement, 30 odd year old amp never let me down. Gigged it for 18years solid....oh well back to back ache ....
Hope B* pull there finger out......
My Blackstars are collecting dust now. I really liked my HT 40 and ID TVP 30, other than the Damping Effect. After the garbage customer support though, I almost never plug either in, because I just get irritated thinking about their awful support, as soon as I do.

Sonofarich

Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:04 pm

patrick2099 wrote:My Blackstars are collecting dust now. I really liked my HT 40 and ID TVP 30, other than the Damping Effect. After the garbage customer support though, I almost never plug either in, because I just get irritated thinking about their awful support, as soon as I do.
Why not just play the hell outta them and worry about customer service if/when they fail??

risamaruCJA

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 am

patrick2099 wrote:
My Blackstars are collecting dust now. I really liked my HT 40 and ID TVP 30, other than the Damping Effect. After the garbage customer support though, I almost never plug either in, because I just get irritated thinking about their awful support, as soon as I do.
I have both of those amps, they are my favorite amps. I bought them used, so Customer Service doesn't even enter my mind. If the Amp goes bring it to a tech and have it repaired. My Marshall Is collecting dust because of the Super Crunch Preamp on the ID30. Lucky for me my ID30 does not have that Dampening Problem, Neither does my friends ID 15.

patrick2099

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Bumping for KenG.

• Information