Latest MIDI Implementation Chart for ID Series

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
CuztardPi

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:23 pm

belmont brown wrote: ..... It all now seems to be functioning as you intended except - the fx on the amp are all switched off when I change from one patch to another using the FCB.

If I call the patch up on the amp's control panel, the fx are there. If I use the FCB they're all off. Is there something obvious I've missed?

To be cheeky - is it also easy to assign the first expression pedal to delay level instead of mod rate?

Thanks in advance...
Hi Belmont,

I too was (still am really) a total MIDI novice until I had to dip my toes in order to best use my ID260...
1st off glad my posts have been of some assistance.

OK ... I'll have a go at answering your questions:
" ... the fx on the amp are all switched off when I change from one patch to another using the FCB.":

They are OFF by design in my sysex (& so are the presets on my amp). If you want to have the effects ON when you press a preset on the FCB1010 you need to set each of the the stomp box control switches to be ON for the effects you want ON (they are set to OFF or NC (=No Change) in my sysex).

e.g. if you want only reverb (= switch 8 = SB3) to be ON when you press switch 1 (= Preset 1)(with MOD & DLY OFF) then the stompbox 3 control (SB3 that controls REV) should be set to ON (with SB1 = OFF, SB2 = NC, SB4 = OFF, SB5 = NC in my sysex setup)

" ... is it also easy to assign the first expression pedal to delay level":

Yes, change the expression pedal A controller to CC21 to be able to adjust DLY level for those presets that you want to use pedal A to control DLY (in my sysex all stompbox switches are set to have pedal A = CC17 = MOD Rate)

Note: I found one minor issue with Pedel A controlling MOD rate on my sysex: if REV or DLY are switched ON after having switched MOD ON, then pedal A is not active so cannot control the MOD rate. i.e. The effect MOD switch has to be turned ON last in the effect switching sequence in order for pedal A to work as planned.

Good luck - Steve

belmont brown

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:24 pm

Cuztard - sorry for the tardy response. Thanks again for the advice - the FCB is now working exactly as needed except for the exp pedal issue - but I can cope without that for now.

Cheers pal!

Durwin99

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does anyone know the MIDI CC number or Program Change required to switch an ID:60 back to "Manual" mode ? IE a MIDI command for pressing the Manual button ? I have programmed everything else I can into a setup in MIDI Designer Pro on my iPad, (going through an audio interface) but I can't see any way, once you have selected a patch, of switching the amp away from a patch and back to Manual !

Many thanks...

-Durwin

• Information