Are you happy with Blackstar customer service?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Highland Star

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:13 pm

I for one have never had a reply from them, I see others saying the same and others getting completely unsatisfactory answers. Just a one word answer. Yes. No.

Fantom

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:25 pm

ya it's pretty weak service. I've only had to deal with them once and it was more than unsatisfactory. I had a problem with the MP3 line in not giving any volume. I stated I was using my iPhone, the reply was "is the volume turned up on my phone and amp?" no response after replying with the obvious, that yes, the volume was turned up. seems that if they can't answer your question in one email, they give up. I've had no major issues with my amp so over all I love my amp.

myk.robinson

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:31 am

I know you requested one one answers, but I don't know if its possible without explanation...

Yes, I have been pleased with Blackstar's customer service for myself. I had an excellent experience with an out of warranty HT Stage 60 that had a problem with some components on the board that could not be repaired by my local tech. Blackstar UK worked through Korg USA and got them to send me a label to ship the amp back to them. I was expecting a repair, but instead, as soon as they received it, they next day shipped me a brand new amp. That was an awesome experience for me, the problem was resolved quickly. All I asked for was an inspection by their own tech because an authorized warranty center was nowhere near me, plus it was out of warranty anyway. So, in that instance, they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I was taken care of.

Fast forward to today, and I hate to see so many cases of people being ignored. Blackstar makes a good product, but like any company who mass produces, they do have some lemons out there. And it is an absolute travesty that when people need help, they come here to the OFFICIAL B* forum, and are left to fend for themselves in the midst of a sea of other customers. This is NOT good customer service and is tarnishing the name of what could be the next big thing. A lot of people have come here from other products because of the product in and of itself, and what was initially good customer service. As much as I hate to say it, if they don't step up their game on the CS end, the negative talk online will become the death of this company. You CANNOT alienate your customer and expect them to remain loyal customers. And you can most definitely expect the negative feedback to spread exponentially faster than the positive feedback can cover it...

Please, Blackstar, either hire come CSRs to help give official answers to unanswered question, or expect to not be here for much longer.. I, for one, wish you only the best and hope to see a long successful company. You know as well as anyone that I have supported you from day one and have even spawned another Blackstar community on G+ to offer assistance to alienated folks through general conversation and remote support for Insider issues, and that's just because I like the product and you guys have always been great to me. Believe me, I have stuck my neck out on many occasions and given folks contact info for people at Korg, or asked questions in their place because for whatever reason, my emails are answered 100% of the time without fail. Why can the same not be done for others? I am a NOBODY. Just some random brown fellow who likes your amps. If you can respond to me, surely you can respond to others...

Come on, folks.... Don't become Line 6 when you have the potential to be so much more...

cadblaster

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:44 am

What ???
Blackstar has customer service :o
Surely you jest.... :!:

musiker01

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Not to long ago i asked which position of the ID 60 TVP Resonance/Presence is seen as "neutral" as on the ID 15/30 amps.

Noone of the Forum answered neither did Blackstar themself. Although its a very simple question. :?:

patrick2099

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Highland Star wrote:I for one have never had a reply from them, I see others saying the same and others getting completely unsatisfactory answers. Just a one word answer. Yes. No.
No. They lie to their customers and do not stand behind their products. It is a shame, because I really like the sounds of my Blackstar amps, other than the "violin effect" on the crunch channel of my id.

I will never buy another Blackstar product, though, because they blatantly lied directly to me and to others about defects in the ID series.

The_Modernist

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi as a long time user of Blackstar products, I have called, emailed and always got a quick response.

I think you are all missing a key fact here, this is a user forum not a support forum. If you want support use the right method on which Blackstar measure themselves on.

Blackstar are not measured on looking at forums they are measured on responding to incoming calls,emails ect.

Fantom

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:02 pm

The_Modernist wrote:Hi as a long time user of Blackstar products, I have called, emailed and always got a quick response.

I think you are all missing a key fact here, this is a user forum not a support forum. If you want support use the right method on which Blackstar measure themselves on.

Blackstar are not measured on looking at forums they are measured on responding to incoming calls,emails ect.
agree with this but getting help from them on the forum isn't the problem, most of the beef with blackstar is their response time if any response at all. I still haven't gotten a response to my query, when I responded to them almost 2 months ago. fortunately it's not a major issue. if they don't know the answer they should say that and try to look into it further.

Highland Star

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

The_Modernist wrote:Hi as a long time user of Blackstar products, I have called, emailed and always got a quick response.

The forum was never mentioned, the question was about Blackstar. That is the key point.

patrick2099

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 am

The key fact is that when you blatantly lie to customers, you will lose customers. When you refuse to admit there is a problem, for over a year, to save a buck, you will lose customers. I don't really expect companies to answer forum posts, but I do expect them to stand behind their products. This is where Blackstar has failed miserably.

• Information