ID:100 vs ID:260

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Fantom

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Will the ID:100 have better sound and more bottom end through the ID:412 vs the ID:260? I debated about changing the speakers in my 260 but decided against it but I feel the sound is just missing something.

Zanko

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:05 am

I have the 260, I've played through the 100w head and matching 4x12 and to be honest didn't notice any major difference tonewise, sure perhaps the 4 speakers will get you more air moved around but you would lose the stereo capabilities of the 260 and I sure would miss those, the tone of the two amps is pretty much the same and by that I mean that as with any ID amp you can get any sound out of them and it's gonna nail it.
That being said, on a big stage a 4x12 (or two) looks awesome :twisted: but it's sure as hell a pain in the ass to move around on a daily basis from and to gigs.
I haven't noticed the 260 lacking of bottom end, actually a friend of mine got more bottom end from his 1x12 ID60 than from his JVM210h with 4x12 cab just fiddling with the master controls. So before changing all the rig (with pros and cons mentioned above) I'd suggest create the patches with the master controls (presence and resonance) set to noon or so, and then adjusting them according to the volume you want to play with and the room you're playing in, at least that's what I've been doing and it's worked so far. Hope this helps, cheers 8-)

jageya

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:35 pm

i have a id260....i am on the fence with it...I like the stereo wide marshal tones/plexi tones with either slapback or delay in general to give that super wide effect...its HUGE!.....but it seems overall the tones are a bit "sterile".....and to even to my ears which leads somewhat to fatigue or boredom maybe? The cleaNs are very very compressed and the amount of hiss/circuit noise? feels very circuit oriented...flat sounding somewhat..not very organic to my ears...even my old old valvetronic ad60vtx amp is smoother and more organic sounding...and the h&k grandmeister 36 i use is more alive sounding and responds better to pickup type /playing and guitar vol stuff...and even though its not stereo it has amazing effects onboard as well as a powersoak and a noisegate dial with a redbox out for recording and a proper effects loop....sure its 400.00 more but i am on the fence to send this back......i have been downloading tones and testing for a week now....and i admit the tvp control is cool and really can change it up on sounds....and the wide stereo sound is huge with delays-reverb and even chorus/trem.....I guess i feel like if they could stick a tube in it to warm up the power section like vox did on the valvetronix ad60vtx amp it would help to warm it up and be less sterile.....i also have the idcore40 and while its on the same lines it doesnt have the tvp but sounds huge as well and is a fun little practice amp to mess with..its was so cheap i willlikely keep it.....i wish too that the software can ass tvp to the idcore but maybe with less tube choices..like maybe 6l6/el34/kt88.....lol....but i realize it likely doesnt have the hard ware needed in it to do this.........over all id260 is exciting and well made and the whole stereo thing really makes one smile...so i will work with it thru the weekend and see what i can come up with on it.....Balls out it sounds good as do the crunch/super crunch settings but its weak on the cleans ...maybe i am not going about it right?

Fantom

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 am

I dunno man I think the cleans on it are pretty sweet, took me abit of patience to dial it in how I wanted it but now it's there and I love the clean tone. I stated in another post I upgraded to the ID100 and 412 cab and the one thing I know I'll miss is what you mentioned, the super wide stereo with the delay etc.

jageya

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 am

dont get me wrong...i like the hugeness when the delay is on and reverb but flat-no effects its just really dead and 1 dimensional...it must be the power stage because my old cybertwin se sounds alot better as does my line 6 spider valve mk2...and my egnater tweaker 40 head and my night train head with that organic dimension the id260 just misses..I put it for sale locally for a god aweful low price and i will lose a bit of $ but to send it back i would have to pay shipping and they deduct the shipping they spent to send it to me(even though it was free shipping to me)...so lesson learned i guess..noone here has this amp to demo....someone in denver will get a great deal on this amp..the tvp definately adds a layer of sizzle but i must say the id core 40 i have is a keeper..i mean it doesnt have tvp but its huge sounding and is spanky and fun....

CAPTAIN20

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:26 am

i really cant understand why the ID cab is only mono, as the ID 100 TVP has the stereo option too.. in that case, i would go with the blackstar HT metal 412 cab where i can connect the head to stereo and have 4 12 speakers.. isnt that kinda better than the 260 combo?

musiker01

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:57 pm

I mostly used the Emulated Output. But i find to DEACTIVATE the Super Wide Stereo brings more punch and less "sterile" tone. Maybe try that?

Gautiou

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi,

I own a Blackstar ID30 TVP and I love this amp but it's a bit light for playing live. I wanted to know which would be better between the ID260 TVP and the ID100 TVP for concerts, rehearsals, and home use ?
Which cab would be the best to go with the 100 watt head?

Thank you very much.

• Information