FS-10 Saving patches nightmare

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Highland Star

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:49 am

Got a reply from Blackstar.....Are you in manual mode they asked......do they think that we are all complete idiots or what ? The instructions are correct they say....NO Blackstar, they are NOT !
I will NEVER buy a Blackstar product again as long as I live. Worst customer service on this planet.
Are you in manual mode ? This is from their technical department ! Next question from them must be, are you connected to an electrical power supply ?

The KIDD

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Oh Man :lol: Thats TOOOO MUUUUCH... :lol: We're on our own guys... Couldnt tell ya what planet we've been takin to? It SURE AS HELL NOTHING like where I lived for my 1st 40 yrs... :lol: Yeah, since 95 or so, Ive felt like life has been an OUTER LIMITS episode. Dropped off on some remote planet where "beings" walk around all day with eyes and hands glued to some device with thumbs moving all the time.Cant be a phone? No one talks? :lol: No one actually PLAYS music here... A bunch of 0's and 1's are used to calculate a WAV form with a keyboard and this thing they call a "Mouse" then some how ,audible MUSIC comes out of speakers that old analog Earth people CAN reckonise. I fear soon though, only brains that are provided with an "insider Update" app will be able to "hear" these 0's and 1's in the future though.. The Auditory nerve will be N/A...Old Earth people, who are here by abduction, will be S O L.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

Garhel

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

To be honest that's what I'd like to do!!! I want to dial I a great tone in Manual mode, then save it to a patch number outside of the first 12 preset slots using the footswitch (to, say, select patch 83 for example), without having to connect it to a computer- just can't figure it out...

If someone knows how to do this I would be eternally grateful!

The KIDD

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Hey Garhel,

Do you have the FS-10?, if so, have you tried saving patches yet?...The FS-10 does not operate outta Manual mode.Go back and read the whole thread where We talk about some of the probs people are having etc. Instructions are in My post of how to recieve an audio file to try My way of operation.

KIDD

Garhel

Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi Kidd

Yes, i have the FS-10...

To be honest, i've got it fairly well sussed, and have set up all the patches i need for gigging, and can save patches.

I was just playing around at rehearsal a while ago, was messing around in manual mode and found a tone i wanted to store, but didn't want to overwrite one of my 12 main patches. Didn't have my mac with me, and was stumped as to how to save it to a higher patch number with either the buttons on the head or the footswitch...

Not a problem, just left the dials where they were and sorted it when i got home, but it would have been really convenient to be able to do it on the fly...

The KIDD

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Thats the beeeeeauty of this crazy thing!..You can save, RE write, then RE save again anything, FROM any where , TO anywhere on the Fly....This is DEFINETLY NOT made clear in the operation manual.Your 1-12 orginal default patches still show up as 1-12 when using the FS..No need to EVER be in "Manual mode" again..Thats what confused me in the beginning...When you were at practice and found that sound you liked on say # 8, all ya had to do was was move down to NAV mode, go over to switch #3 and scroll UP to the location # ya wanna store it (I always choose above 100, so I dont accidently over write in the middle #s where Im active)...Then , when you reach, say #118, place it there,then clickthe #1 switch one time,( 118 will start blinking) then click switch 1 again , ya see the lil green light blink twice and BOOM , your edited #8 becomes 118 and the #8 defaut patch goes back to ITS default settings...If you'll notice, those default patches show up again and again all through the 12-128 patches...Yeah, the operation manual is about worthless as I heard others stated as well...THEN when ya have lets say 2-3 patches ya really like in the upper channels, you can move them back down to empty location #s to best fit your gig...I started out saving patches just "anywhere" THEN , I realized I needed to have a system to this if I was gonna be able to have these patches workable in my show. I often use switches 3-4 as 3 being my R gtr patch then 4 being my solo patch. That way all the banks and switches are set up with SONGS (not sounds) in mind...Anyway, if ya need to listen to some steps, some do's and donts' etc, I go through to set my show up, Ive got some audio entailing that...Ive learn a heck of alot about these tubes by having 3-4 patches in continuious RE write mode, constantly comparing them, comin up with NEW stuff by having them all side by side. Especially , the CRUNCH voices! With there being so many probs with everything else,I just like to see people get the most outta this thing.

KIDD

Garhel

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:20 am

Awesome, thanks Kidd :-)

I'll have another play tonight, and will follow your guidelines... Tbh I think it's an incredible bit of kit, maybe I've been lucky but no problems other than my lack of knowledge so far!

Cheers, Gary

The KIDD

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:34 am

Yeah, let us know how it goes...My trouble is , I cant stop RE writing my patches.This digital age has caused us to be VERY (TOO) discriminating.. My old ears dont hear the same every day,so I keep RE Eqing, changin reverbs etc.I think My HIGHS are blown?..Hada B3 Leslie in my L ear 6 nights a week for 6 years straight back in the 80's...:lol:
KIDD

Garhel

Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:12 am

Had a play around last night and feel like I know what I'm doing now! To be honest I've set up quite a few patches, but have settled on the ones I use live for a while now as they just work. I really only use 7 patches live though, and a few of those for just one song!. The amp and a wah pedal does me perfectly for the sort of stuff we do, definitely a winner :-)

Thanks for all of your help...

Jim Belaye

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:56 pm

fisz wrote:Hi.I stop using fs10 while ago
Now I am using cheap fender mustang floor as midi controller(paid £ 55 on eBay)
I just setup volume controller switch to midi CC ,, save patch,, and working perfect.
So now I can adjust ,make correction and save patch above 12 on fly during gig
And I have five patch in one bank (4 in fs10) so is bonus.
Perfect
Hello fisz...
Which Fender footswitch are you using ? Mustang MS4 ? The one with 4-Button Footswitch ?
Is it this one ? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... ductDetail
I would like to know please, thank you.

- Jim 8-)

• Information