Followed your instructions and my ID:Core Stereo 10V2 now has a working foot switch!
Just wanted to follow up here so other folk know it works. Skipping w7 as you said.
I used the black PCB style plug socket as it matches the instrument input.
You just have to (doh I didn’t 1st time) make sure you solder to the switchable side otherwise nothing happens when you hit the switch! You can test all this with a multimeter as well.
Thanks to the OP for kicking off this post.
And thanks blackstar for not blocking the foot switch. I even bought a blackstar footswitch (I’ll upgtade to a bigger año one day)