ID Core 10 dead

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
ColsTiger

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:08 pm

I have two ID Core 10 amps that I ordered for a Middle School Guitar Club that I sponsor. One of the amps is completely dead. It has very little use on it and is less than a year old. One works fine, but the other is dead. No lights at all. I tried to do the factory reset by holding down the MOD, DLY, and REV buttons while simultaneously switching the power on, but it didn't help.

Any ideas, or am I just out of luck?

lurkalot

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Try unplugging the power supply from back of the good amp and plug it into the dead one, then see if it works. Or vice versa. ;)

BobK

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:34 pm

RIP

drpc97

Sat May 23, 2015 4:55 pm

i got a ID Core 10 too and as soon as i hooked it up to the computer and ran the Insider software, it asked me to update the firmware to 1.70 (unit had 1.0.0) so i did the update and the amp blinked like it should and then it shut off. turned it back on and nothing. so I RMA'ed it back from where i got it. They shipped me a new one, and now its dead too, from the same insider software app. It would be nice if there was a way to bring it back up, but Ive tried everything i can think of. some answers would be nice, so i don't have to RMA a second one.

lurkalot

Sat May 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Glad mine didn't do that, it would have put me off for good.

Anyway, only thing I've found so far regarding your problem, but you've probably already tried it,

"If you are experiencing problems with the firmware update process the amplifier can be forced to power up in Update Mode. Hold down the Manual (14) & MOD (6) switches simultaneously, whilst switching on the amplifer to enter this mode with the voice LEDs cycling to indicate Update Mode. Connect the amplifier to the Blackstar INSIDER software to begin a firmware updae.

The amplifier must be connected to the Blackstar INSIDER software to reinstall valid firmware. The update process will start automatically if the Blackstar INSIDER software detects that the amplifier is in this state."

drpc97

Wed May 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah i Tried all those things. no luck at all. I've been looking all over the net for a solution that works. Just none of the ideas i got from here worked. I don't get no lights or anything, when i turn it on, while holding down any combination of buttons.

loseyateefa

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 pm

if you're not getting any lights its not a PC or firmware or software issue, its a power supply issue.
i just posted the same problem in the main forum as a reply to a similar post on ID Core 20 not powering on.
i believe they are beginning to experience failure across the board on probably a certain lot of those power supply units. good luck on getting a replacement. i was told by my USA dealer, Sweetwater, that Korg is the manufacturer and they don't have any power supply in stock. Not sure i believe that one and wasn't given any method of contacting Korg directly. Blackstar should be investigating this issue.

loseyateefa

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:44 pm

i posted this in the other thread but wanted you to know how to get a replacement power supply.:

another followup is needed. i finally obtained a replacement power source for my ID Core 20 from these wonderful folks: http://www.ebay.com/usr/top.power.usa
I highly recommend them if you need the AC/DC adapter on any of your amps replaced.

But I also wanted to mention that KORG has never responded to the 2 emails i sent asking for help on this issue. What good are they? I'll NEVER buy another Blackstar product because they don't stand behind their products. Maybe its because I'm in USA, but there is no excuse for not responding.

Highland Star

Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Nothing to do with you being in the USA, here in Britain I constantly get no response from Blackstar along with countless others I personally know.
Blackstar is now permanently off my shopping list. Good product with zero marks for customer service or customer thanks.

jgu

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:50 am

I just had exactly the same thing happen to my ID Core 10 - totally dead immediately after a firmware update. Unfortunately I don't have another power supply to test it with, but the voltage on the power supply pins looks correct, so I don't think it's that. I also struggle to imagine a sequence of events where a firmware update on the amp damages the power supply.

• Information