ID 60H fault

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
daveola

Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Just been editing some patches on my ID60 head when the volume started to jump down and cut in and out, checked cables, cab, guitar, all works fine with my other amps. Anyone else experienced this??

DocVankwish

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Yes, I had these problems and in the end my head got returned by the music shop to Blackstar who returned it with the report that everything was working fine. To their credit the music shop, Sound Affects Ormskirk, were nothing but supportive. I take it that you were using the Insider software? I gave up on that and now only use the foot pedal to program sounds and a pen and paper to remind me what each number relates to. It was also suggested by many on here that the Boss GT100 I was using as a foot pedal to change channels at that time might have been sending strange midi messsages to interfere with the settings. There is some truth in that as I found out when I used the Boss pedal as a wah I also sent midi volume messages so got wah and volume at the same time.

Should say I've had some great gigs with the head now, but only using the Blackstar foot pedal - which as you will read elsewhere is not without issues.

cadblaster

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:34 pm

DocVankwish covered a lot of it.
Create and save your patches using the amp face not insider. Then manually switch between the saved patches using the amp buttons as well. It the problem goes away you have your answer. Most of the people I've helped with similar issues were related to what was actually being saved in the patch itself. It's important to understand that the Blackstar Footswitch or a Midi controller don't actually save or store anything themselves. They simply tell the amp which "Saved patch" to toggle to.

cjplunkett

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:41 pm

My ID60 Head is behaving the same way. Volume cuts in and out. Seems to be only on Bank 1.
Had been using Insider - have now reset the amp and it seems to be OK - but that's not much use as I want to set up some patches for gigging. Not a very robust product. Have had a faulty FS10 footswitch as well. Will have to start charging BS for my time and fuel to the dealer. :mrgreen:

cjplunkett

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:07 pm

After wasting loads of time............turning O/D Noise Gate Off in Global Settings seems to have fixed the cutting out problem. :mrgreen:

• Information