Blackstar Insider software, write your issues here...

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
OperatorDC

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 pm

wavemechanic wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:51 pm
Hi,

I cant`t open Insider Software 1.9.1 anymore.
Silverlight Verison is up to date. The Software starts and then just vanishes.
Get an Error Message: Microsoft Silverlight Out Of Browser Launcher: (see Screenshot attached.)
My System is Windows 10 1903

Does anyone have the same issue or any ideas. Thanks a lot in advance

Nils
Same here. Started today and probably like most people tried everything I can think to get it to work in windows 10. I have virtual machine running windows 8 and the software works OK.

OperatorDC

Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:51 am

OperatorDC wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 pm
wavemechanic wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:51 pm
Hi,

I cant`t open Insider Software 1.9.1 anymore.
Silverlight Verison is up to date. The Software starts and then just vanishes.
Get an Error Message: Microsoft Silverlight Out Of Browser Launcher: (see Screenshot attached.)
My System is Windows 10 1903

Does anyone have the same issue or any ideas. Thanks a lot in advance

Nils
Same here. Started today and probably like most people tried everything I can think to get it to work in windows 10. I have virtual machine running windows 8 and the software works OK.
Found a solution for now at least. Run the software in compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 3).

Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackstar Amplification Ltd\Blackstar INSIDER folder and right click on the 'BlackstarInsiderLauncherPC' select the Compatibility tab.

OperatorDC

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone

I hope this helps you out if you are experiencing this problem where the software opens but minimizing to the bottom tool bar instantly and you can't maximize it. This was received from a very helpful Blackstar tech support guy.
'This error message can occur in some instances – due to Microsoft Silverlight – but has no effect on the overall operation of INSIDER.

It's possible that the INSIDER window is running, but has simply been moved off-screen, in which case;

- Launch the software (so you can see it in the taskbar).

- Press Alt + Spacebar.

- The window options will appear.

- Click ‘restore’ or ‘maximise’ and the window should return to the centre of the screen.

Now go into the settings menu and uncheck the option ‘save layout on exit’. This will ensure the software always loads up in the default central position'
The above worked first time so if you are having problems don't give up and good luck!

DC

Cedarburger

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Windows 10 Insider cannot download patches.

• Information