Blackstar Insider software, write your issues here...

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
picotribe

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Regarding my post ^^ - I've found a pretty reliable method of editing & saving.

I connect the amp to my laptop. I do the editing in Insider and then use the footswitch to actually save the patch to my amp. This way, the delay repeats don't go to infinite.

Arjailer

Mon May 23, 2016 3:02 pm

picotribe - Just got an ID100TVP last week and quickly came across the same problem and came to the same workaround (using the footswitch). The only problem with it is that it means you can't name the patches, which makes managing the patches a bit tricky - I'm having to keep a separate list of which patches go with which songs :(

It's a shame that the system has this feature (patch names) but is broken enough to make them unusable :(

Arjailer

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Insider v1.7.8 came out yesterday and kinda fixes this.

I still got some weird behaviour around delay and reverb settings, but was able to work around them by tweaking the settings on the amp, re-saving the patches back to the library, then re-syncing the patches to the amp.

In the end I managed to name and save all my patches - yay! :D

jmax

Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:05 am

I just installed 1.7.8 on a MacBook Pro running 10.11.5, and it will not launch. I get an OS error 5000 message.

Admin
Site Admin

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Hey
jmax wrote:I just installed 1.7.8 on a MacBook Pro running 10.11.5, and it will not launch. I get an OS error 5000 message.
The latest release of INSIDER may have been affected by the permissions of your Mac OS, thus preventing INSIDER from functioning correctly. To rectify this, please complete the following:

- Open finder, then in the taskbar click - 'Go' - and choose - 'Go to Folder...' - then copy and paste the following line for the directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Silverlight/OutOfBrowser

- There will more than likely be a folder with a red logo in the bottom corner. This highlights the fact that your Mac is preventing access to the folder.

- Right click this folder, and select – ‘Get Info’.

- Scroll down to – ‘Sharing & Permissions’ – and enable access to ‘Read and Write’. Ensure this access is granted either to ‘Everyone’, or to the user profile you are using if more than one exists. (You may need to unlock the parameters in order to this, which can be done via the padlock found at the bottom right of the Get Info window.)

Please note: the ‘~’ is very important. There should be at least one folder whose name is a series of numbers followed by ‘.localhost’. E.g. ‘3410321256.localhost’.

Hope this helps, but if the issue persists please let us know. :)

themanc

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:59 pm

i have an ID core 20 the insider software is not recognising the amp

any ideas

creiners

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:33 pm

I am getting a plugin disabled instead of download on the community

I have reinstalled flash and Silverlight ... changed Silverlight perms etc ... what else?

RaveOn

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello Blackstar Users, Im am a new owner of an ID 150 trying to get the Insider Software. It asks what amp i have by giving me a selection to choose from but the ID 150 is not on there. Am i on the right spot? This is all new to me. Im old school and trying to learn something new.

flimbo

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Are you running the "latest" version of Insider? V1.7.9
http://www.blackstarinsider.co.uk/

musiker01

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:06 am

I have a problem now. :oops:

On my old system Insider did run flawless with just minor bugs but it did work.

After i recovered the System from Ground 0, formating HDs, Installed a clean Win7 Version (same as before) and so on, i reinstalled Silverlight and Insider.

But Insider is not running anymore now................................ :?

The Amp (ID60 TVP) is recognized inside the Sound Devices of Windows System, but Insider i just trying to start - saying the programm gets closed- but starting anyway, even loading the actual advertising pop up, all knobs are tweakable and reactive..................

...................but Inisder does NOT detect the Amp, saying "not connected"???

BTW i deinstalled and reinstalled Silverlight and Insider several times.

P.S.: this also happens on a different second system. The first system is a AMD Phenom, the second one a Sony VAIO. Both having the same issue.

• Information