Blackstar Insider software, write your issues here...

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Actionman

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:28 pm

musicscotty wrote:I can't get the Insider to run at all now.

It worked perfectly up until a few months ago until I tried to upgrade the version. Now It doesn't. I've tried pretty much everything. The Insider software starts to run - shows me the first screen and then just stops. I've tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

It's as frustrating as hell and I've had enough of it. Everything else is working perfectly on my PC .....

I bought the amp for recording use and Insider was really good for that purpose.

Is there any advice - apart from sell it and go to another make of recording amp?
Usually it's not even related to the Insider software.
Every time there's a Windows update, almost always Insider stops working.
Uninstall "Silverlight" and reinstall.
Insider should work

BlackStarAddict

Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Actionman wrote: Usually it's not even related to the Insider software.
Every time there's a Windows update, almost always Insider stops working.
Uninstall "Silverlight" and reinstall.
Insider should work
Oh man... I so very much wish they had not implemented Insider in Silverlight. I would very much like it to work on Android or iOS.

sir riff a lot

Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:13 am

I'm pretty happy with my ID60 head , but Blackstar's lack of interest in listening to their customers regarding software updates and improvements does leave a bad taste.

MY Wishlist :
1. full control of the noisegate (hopefully this will solve the well known damping issue)
2. ability to run insider from an I-pad ( but I would even do without this if they would just fix the noisegate)

sir riff a lot

Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:15 am

I notice on blackstar's facebook page they have just done an insider release for the ID-core series.
I made a comment that the whole ID range needs updates and posted a link to this forum.

old_emu

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:33 pm

ID:Core 20
Win10 x64 (fully updated)
Insider 1.7.6
Silverlight 5 (5.1.41105.0)

Always the same failure, when trying to watch details of a certain patch in the community.

"Microsoft Silverlight Out-of-Browser Launcher stopped working"
The Insider Software stopps running.

Very annoying!

Please Blackstar, keep the software up to date to run with this MS Software or change it totally, so that there is no more dependency on MS!

And, already mentioned:

1: MP3 playback through the amp doesn't seem possible via Insider, making the audio section somewhat useless.

Seventy5

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 am

Posted about this on other section:

Got a BIG problem with Insider software on Mac OSX El Capitan (latest); I Cannot install Online Community patches on my amp ID15 TVP. Silverlight also latest..

Patches are downloaded and moved to proper Insider folder, but i get an error on insider (1.7.6):
Error loading patch file: xxxxxxxxxx

Only one patch installed correctly and I have tried multiple. My friend allso have this same issue on mac.

Blackstar guys/ladies, some solution please? Anyone?
I mailed to blackstar 8/12/16. No answer yet.

Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5721

Juppstein

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 pm

My biggest issue with Insider: No Android and iOS version. I have no plans to take a notebook with me to dial in different settings, nor do I have any drive to connect a notebook or PC to an amp in my living room or music room. And playing in my office where my PC is, nope thank you.

I want to be able to change settings on a tablet or mobile phone because that is the easiest way to do it.

Owning a Beam and an HT-1, aside from an AC4 1-C12, and having just seen the review for the Marshall CODE 25 on Andertons Youtube channel I know what will replace the Beam.

Sorry Blackstar. You do good amps, but you lack on the software department, severely. And that is sometimes as important in these days.

Actionman

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Juppstein wrote:My biggest issue with Insider: No Android and iOS version..
They can't get it right on a MAC or PC so I think we can rule out mobile software...lol

picotribe

Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:22 am

I just bought the ID:260TVP.

I love the amp, but when using the Insider software and when I attempt to transfer a patch from my library to my amp, many times when I play the patch, the delay repeats end up being set to maximum so it just keeps repeating.
I end up having to turn the delay off in Insider, resetting the repeats and then saving it using the footswitch in navigation mode.

Anyone else have this happen?

arch23

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:09 am

Yes, same here.

• Information