Working Sysex file for FCB 1010 with uno mod

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
jaydee

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:23 am

Hi , I'm having trouble setting up my FCB UNO to work with my ID260 , has anyone got a working sysex file they can share that I can try , also id need to know the midi channel setting ,

thanks

Jay

CuztardPi

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:50 pm

jaydee wrote:Hi , I'm having trouble setting up my FCB UNO to work with my ID260 , has anyone got a working sysex file they can share that I can try , also id need to know the midi channel setting ,

thanks

Jay
Here's mine that I'm still using:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/388 ... -02-27.syx

Set the amp to midi channel 1

Give it a go

Cheers - Steve

info:
With my (current) setup I have:
Effects:
#6 = Modulation (Chorus) ON/OFF (I program the ID260 so that Chorus is the default MOD effect on all presets)
#7 = Alternate Modulation Select: Phaser (when ON) & Flanger (when OFF) (this switch toggles the MOD effect between Phaser & Flanger when it has been turned ON by switch #6)(You could always swap one of the MOD effects to use Tremolo if preferred)
#8 = Reverb ON/OFF
#9 = Delay ON/OFF
#10 = Tap Tempo for Delay

Pedal 1: Modulation rate pedal (works on Chorus/Phasor/Flanger)
Pedal 2: Volume pedal (& does provide a volume boost on some presets depending on the original volume level of the preset on the amp)
Switches #1 to 5 in banks 1, 2, 3 for all 12 presets available from the amp front panel.

jaydee

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Steve, I apologise for not thanking you for this , seems I missed the email ,Thank you !

I had to send my amp back to the shop to get the midi connection fixed , got it back now and it should work, but I'm having trouble sending your file to the amp ,
my impression was that with the uno mod you should be able to just send the sysex , or do I have to press buttons on the foot controller to make this happen ?

thanks

Jay

CuztardPi

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:50 pm

jaydee wrote:Hi Steve, I apologise for not thanking you for this , seems I missed the email ,Thank you !

I had to send my amp back to the shop to get the midi connection fixed , got it back now and it should work, but I'm having trouble sending your file to the amp ,
my impression was that with the uno mod you should be able to just send the sysex , or do I have to press buttons on the foot controller to make this happen ?

thanks

Jay
Hi Jay,

You're very welcome ... the fCB1010 is known for being finicky with regard to making a connection to a PC via USB. Only specific USB-MIDI cables have been found to work properly ..... see my previous message on this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4627&start=10

i.e.
"The FCB1010 is known for being a bit picky with respect to which USB to MIDI adapters it works with. This is a favourite discussion point on the Yahoo FCB1010 forums (the UNO chip is supposed to improve this aspect of the FCB1010).
I use a cheap'o ebay chinese type which lucky for me works OK. I can't speak for your MIDI interface but "mio" is not listed in the MIDI Interface Units database on the UNO yahoo chat group so I can't tell if that is your problem; see here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fcb ... ase/4/edit

You should try using the diferent transmit sysex data options in the global settings menu on the FCB1010 MIDI Editor.; that might help."

good luck - Steve

• Information