FS10 footswitch defective

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
jooldi

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:41 am

Hi all, yesterday i bought a FS10 footswitch for my ID15TVP;
I plug it to test. led turn on. But, for example, when in patch mode, i cannot change patch. Whenever i press switch 1, 2,3 or 4, nothings happen!

If i change patch directly on the amps, the change appears on the footswitch.

It seems the product is defective for me. Even tuner doesnt work. Did i do somtething wrong?
I'm trying to contact customer support of the seller but with no success for the moment.

Any idea? Did someone encounter same problem with it?

Thanks

The KIDD

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:36 am

Theres been a few probs players have mention here on the forum with the FS-10, but nothing like your describing...First off, just wanna make sure you've exited "demo mode" ? If so, Have you "stored" any patches youve edited using the amp buttons?. The instructions on Its operation are very VAGUE and some of the "need to know" info is simply not mentioned...Also, make sure your using a well made cable.
Heres a YT link on how to exit demo mode incase. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olM4lcAR0Wg

I just clicked on my ID :60 handbook link and guess what......(page not found) Hmmm?

Let us know whats happenin!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

jooldi

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Hello, thanks for your answer.
Yes i checked, not in demo mode, i test another cable but same thing.

I contact seller, and they will replace it.
Hope its just a default from the footswitch.

lets see.

The KIDD

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:07 am

Fingers are crossed!...Yeah, depending what your chosen function for switching is,this crazy thing does "different things", depending on how long ya hold down on a given switch. (GOTTA WATCH THE LIGHTS)... I made a audio file for those having trouble storing, editing patches along with some DO's and DONT's when operating between Patch and NAV modes...Some things to watch out for that the manual doesnt tell ya about. If the next works OK and your still having troubles gettin it to store (completely) or ya keep over writing the patches accidently, Id be glad to send ya the audio on my discoverys.

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

zorro8

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 pm

I have the exact same problem for about two weeks now.
Did you ever solve this? Did the footswitch change help?

Edit: Found another thread where someone solved the problem using a shorter cable. Tried that, 30cm patch cable: Problem solved.
Now I have to find out where the max length is...

But it is a stupid thing. If anybody knows why...

jame61

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 pm

I have the same issue with the FS-10. I currently own a ID60:TVP combo and a ID100:TVP head with a Blackstar 4X12 cabinet. I operate both with a FS-10 foot switch I bought with the amps. I recently ordered a new additional FS-10 switch but when plugged in the switch will not toggle through patches. Thinking it was defective I returned it and received another only to experience the same problem. I contacted Korg but they had no solution to my dilemma. I ordered a third switch only to experience the same problem. I'm yet to hear back from anyone representing Blackstar on this issue. Has anyone come up with a solution?

James
jame61

Woz0405

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 am

Same problem man...Frustrating.

FS 10 wont toggle with the up/down buttons, yet when change to channel on the id 30 it changes the channell on the fiitswitch.

Any solutions??? PLEASE!

• Information