ID 15 TVP, Focusrite sound card and level

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
jooldi

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 am

Hello all!
I have a focusrite sound card, Scarlett 18i20.
In my home studio, my usual setup to record is like this :
3 tracks for recorded guitar. 1 from a mic in front of the amp, and two others from the usb output of ID (mono effected amplifier signal / mono unprocessed).

In fact, it was like this with my previous soundcard.
Since i changed for this new Focusrite. It works not so good.

When i want to use both ID and Input of my focusrite, i have to use Asio4all.
But it is not very stable.

So i want to use Focusrite asio driver. But when i set it my daw, i'm not able to see anymore the ID as soundcard.
Another possibility is to use the emulated output but the last time i try, level output was too quiet and sometimes with stranges artefact such as reverb or delay!
On the other side when i use USB output with mono effected amplifier signal / mono unprocessed, the unprocessed signal is always clipping so i had to level down the volume of my guitar. And it is not very suitable because by doing this the amplified signal is not enough loud.

Hope its clear for the moment??
So at the moment my solution is to only use a mic recording and the emulated output (not test yet with this new soundcard)

As anyone have find a solution to make all this works without Asio4all?
Is there a solution to fix this level problem? Both for emlulated output and USB?

Sorry for my english and this long post!

Thanks

jooldi

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:48 am

So, i answer to myself a bit.

I tried emulated output and it works fine.

But, i have my guitar signal with amp sound and i wish to have both guitar signal with effect and unprocessed signal!

Does someone think its possible with emulated output or it's only possible with USB output?

Unfortunately i tried all possible solutions to make work both Focusrite Asio driver and ID series as soundcard, but it doesnt work. Only with Asio4all, but Asio4all is really crappy in my case (clipping, latency, etc...), so no possibility to use USB output. Too bad...

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

jooldi

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 am

Ok, so, maybe it will help someone.

First of all, i'm a dumb.

because in Insider software you can select between stereo guitar or mono uprocessed/mono effect guitar.
And this, apply both usb or emulated output...!!!

I was sure it was only for USB... Anyway, problem solved.

The other topic, is that those level output are really low. I have to turn my pream sound card almost to maximum to get something usable.

BLACKSTAR, will you release an update of firmware or whatever to fix this??

Thanks for nothing and thanks myself for being persistent.

I know many people complain about this.

And next time, i will not post here. No answer, nobody with same issue? Weird...

• Information