ID Core vs ID Core Beam

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
vaitarist

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:16 am

Hello Everyone,

Just a question regarding the two Amps ID Core and the ID Core Beam, apart from the Beam having Bluetooth is there really any other differences. I haven't been able to find a store with both amps to test.

Thanks
Vai

thephantum

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:33 pm

The BEAM has voicing's for electric, acoustic and bass guitar (that's what BEAM stands for Bass Electric Acoustic Music).

The ID: Core only has electric guitar voicings.

rafael84

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:28 am

I tested then side by side and the beam is better. I think its because of the speakers. The guitar sound and the mp3 sound both have more definition in the Beam. Blackstar says that the Beam's speakers are better.

BigDaddyNC

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:39 pm

It really depends on what you want or need.

If you have a need to amplify acoustic guitar or bass in addition to electric guitar, then the ID Core BEAM makes more sense. Even the acoustic emulation is astonishingly good. If you have to have Bluetooth, choose the ID Core BEAM.

If you only want to amplify only your electric guitar, then an ID Core 10/20/40 is probably the ticket for you.

For me, there is a need to use the ID Core BEAM for practicing bass (that's what I play in the band), but I use it mostly for playing guitar in my study.

I've been playing guitar and bass for more than 35 years. I started with cheap guitars and cheap solid state amps that sounded terrible, even with a few good pedals. Tube tone and response was way out of reach when I was a high school kid learning to play. To be able to get a lower-volume facsimile of classic amp performance *at this price point* continually blows my mind.

• Information