Lovin' It

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
grose

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:48 am

So I've been learning to use my ID 60TVP for about a month know. I've gotten pretty comfortable with it and have had to shows this week. I got nothing buy compliments on how good the tone was on several different patches. This reinforces this was a great buy to begin with!

The KIDD

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:36 am

Hey! Good to hear! Just curious, are ya using the FS-10 ,or other MIDI controller to switch presets during the the show?...Im on my 3rd yr with my 60 and no probs yet that I can actually pin on her.These amps HATE dust and cheapo cables. Are ya using Insider or Firmware?

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

grose

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the dust. I do have nice cables into it. I got the FS10 foot switch. I'm not crazy about how it goes up and down in groups of 4 but try to plan my patches along with my song list for minimum disruption. I also wish that BS would provide more preset patches via Insider. I've been playing with Insider, have gotten some really good patches and some bad ones off of it. Just have to do some trial and error. The Black Magic Woman patch is unbelievably good! best of luck.

The KIDD

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:18 am

Yeah, the groups of 4 pretty much has to be a planned out thing, especially workin solo...Ive got all my tunes that use 2 patches set up for switches 3 and 4 in the banks so I dont have to look going from 3 to 4 to solo, then back to 3. All the cleans and light crunch/OD for the 50s/60s stuff are 1-49, then all tunes using chorus or flange 50-79,then heavy crunch and OD being 70's 80s 90s rock will use 80-118, then the last 10 patches are for MISC recording paramenters. All 128 pretty much have their own delay settings as well. Ive never tried insider...Just spend alotta time dailin in what I need. That,in and of itself,has forced me to think outside the box and REALLY get to know this amp. No show tonite so Im tryin out some new crunch settings on that nasty KT66 tube.. :lol: I rarely use it and just tryin to understand it better...Hope everybody has a good gig tonite!!!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

• Information