Strange things happinng with FS 10

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
midlifevenhuizen

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi all,
I have the ID:260 TVP and a FS10 footswitch. When the footswitch is plugged in, randomly, different :shock: things are happening on the footswitch and the amp. I allready received a new footswitch but it didn't resolved the problem.
Anybody an idea?

thanks in advance!

kind regards
dennet

The KIDD

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Yeah, if ya do a search of the FS-10 on here, you'll find several threads describing the erractic behavior of this crazy thing...Ive had mine for 3 yrs and She's yet to present any probs.(knockin on wood now.. :lol: )I use the stock cable that came with it. Theres ALOTTA lil things about operating this unit they DONT tell ya in the manual, BUT, the erractic mode changing stuff seems to be common among the problem posts. Have them bygod keep sendin ya switches till ya get one thats RIGHT!!!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

midlifevenhuizen

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:50 am

ok, thanks for youre advice!

Dennet

tommytiptree

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:09 pm

Same problem here, tried all the usual solutions such as new cable, cleaning the contacts but it is so unpredictable I have stopped using it.

JamesH

Thu May 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Is there an news on this, sent the switch back some time ago for refund, avoiding getting a new one until I can be sure it will work ok?

To me it appears to be a communications problem between the switch and the amp, so firmware upgrades would be required, have updated my ID:15 to latest, should I just take in to a shop and try to make sure?

Or just use a laptop or similar to send patches? (I don't use Windows/Mac, so somewhat limited with Insider software)

Enlive

Thu May 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Try plugging the amp in via USB and make sure it doesn't need an update. Mine did the same but after i updated it it was smooth like butter. Good luck!

gerberb58

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:21 pm

The FS-10 Footswitch. ID:60H. Using a 12' cable, the FS works fine. Any length longer including a 15' renders the FS inoperable.
This is VERY annoying. After feeding it to the back of the amp, getting it to the floor, going to my pedal board leaves me with about 7 1/2 feet. So that is the farthest I can ever be from the amp. That is a major snafu. Anyone know a fix?

JamesH

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:52 pm

gerberb58 wrote:The FS-10 Footswitch. ID:60H. Using a 12' cable, the FS works fine. Any length longer including a 15' renders the FS inoperable.
This is VERY annoying. After feeding it to the back of the amp, getting it to the floor, going to my pedal board leaves me with about 7 1/2 feet. So that is the farthest I can ever be from the amp. That is a major snafu. Anyone know a fix?
Do you get the flicking in and out of tuner mode type issues as described above?

Would indicate a communications difficulty, which is exacerbated by a long cable which will cause the signal to drop. Very high quality cable might help, or perhaps cable shielding, but it may be the switch/amp are just not proviging enough 'drive' to get the signal down a cable of that length.

Or indeed 5ft, as I was using!

gerberb58

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:58 pm

No tuner mode issues. the amp has the latest Firmware. I have the best cables, tried several and nothing over 12' works. As far as signal loss, it must be pretty weak to begin with considering the signal from a guitar pickup is in the micro-volt range and it works just fine with the same 15' cable. I have contacted support about the issue. thanks.

Enlive

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:30 pm

I think some of them are duds unfortunately. Mine works perfectly and I have a 20ft cable. My friend says his was acting up but when he switch the cable (18ft) it worked again so it was just the cable. When I first got mine the tuner was glitchy but after I updated my amp the tuner works great. It's actually my favorite tuner.

• Information