Changing EQ without USB ID60TVPH

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
rychester

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if lets say I'm playing live and I'm on a patch and I need more highs. When I hold the button in lets say the 3rd button is the one I want to add more highs to, wherever the knobs are at at that time when I go to hold the 3rd button in to store that sound the tone will change because the knobs are in different places compared to when I created the tone in the first place. My point being with no reference points of where the knobs were when you stored the tone in the first time is a huge problem.

Sonofarich

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:33 am

Don't have an ID series, but I would be surprised if it works the way you've described. The digital modelers (and digital pedals with presets) that I've used required a movement of the knobs when the patch/channel is engaged, so that it can record a change from the baseline/saved setting. Otherwise, it doesn't 'see' a change.

Might be different on the ID, but there is any easy way to find out...try it and see.

The KIDD

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:26 am

But there IS a reference point...(there is with the FS-10 foot switch so Im assuming there is editing with the amp alone?)...When you store a patch, the amp does remember the placement of all the knobs except PRES and RES. All knobs (except the FX LEVEL) will have a green light flash twice (real quick)on the far LH side of the amp when you arrive at the knob's placement of when your stored the patch..You MUST go past that point to go back into edit mode THEN, you can add the Treble to where you'll hear it brighten up THEN,you'll have the option of going to NAV mode, then double clicking , thus RE storing it. Sounds like you just need to stay IN edit mode BUT, once you go to another patch, it will , of course, go back to the original stored settings.. Ive gotten where I can edit and re store in 4-5 sec.. :lol: (thats with the FS) BUT, when I get back to the studio, Ill often dail everything back to where it sounded good in there...Hope this info is correct?...You REALLY SHOULD get the FS-10 for playin LIVE. Couldnt live without mine now.

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

rychester

Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm using a 10 button midi pedal to change patches. Is this why there is no reference to where each knob is? So I would have to get their foot switch to have any type of reference. Unless of course I'm connected to my computer using insider threw USB which would not work out in a live situation.

The KIDD

Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:17 am

So, when your using the MIDI controller, and you turn your treble knob in a full 360, your not seeing a lil (TINY) green LED flash twice ,real fast, just above the VOICE knob and to the R about a 1/2 '' of the word INPUT where your gtr cable plugs in ???..You'd never know this light exists unless ya already knew it was there and what its for. My link for the ID:60 Hand Book is dead now or Id send ya the link to where it describes this function...Thats why Im pretty sure it totally has to do with the amp...All the FS does is perform commands. The amp has the software that that stores the patches and controls LEDs etc.BUT...the FS-10 allows ya to store 128 patches..Try this..Go to a new saved patch between 1 and 12...then turn your bass, treble, and ISF knobs in a full 360 and make sure your seeing the lil green light flash when they arrived where they were last saved...If your not seeing it, then unplug the MIDI controller and try it again...Patches 1-12 are editable straight from the amp so Im thinking the light will have to flash since these patches are already in the amp...Let us know what happens!

KIDD

rychester

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:03 am

Thank you for all your help! I do remember seeing the tiny green light light up while editing tones when I first created the 10 tones that I need at a moments notice playing live accessible by my 10 button midi pedal. I will experiment more with it Monday. Also has anyone noticed while trying out distorted tones that when you bend and hold a note that the pitch wavers even with no effects on. At least mine does. Not sure if they all do it or not, but the place where I purchased it said that they would send another one out to me after I send this one back. I did the update but it didn't make any difference. Also the Insider program could use a much needed overhaul. And the noise gate should be adjustable for all the modes, not just OD 1 & OD 2.

The KIDD

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Your welcome... My baby is still a virgin and will reMAIN that way... Her USB has yet to be "tapped" :lol:...Id say 90% of everyone on here has trouble with Insider. Its either like Cyanide and kills the amp QUICKLY or Antifreeze and kills SLOWLY... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .Not many on here use this amp for LIVE instant patch switching.I do a solo show and couldnt operate at all without the FS-10.Some of the old 60s tunes need 3-4 patches and being able to RE edit on stage(like add treble) with 3 clicks of the FS is priceless!Took me awhile to understand Its behavior and had to learn the DOs and DONTs when editing/saving etc. If ya decide to get one,Ive made an MP3 of my exps with it, short cuts, dos donts etc...Just holler if you would need it!

KIDD

cadblaster

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:16 am

Sorry I'm late to the game...
Adding some high's to the eq from a preset using a "Midi" controller is stupid simple.
First thing is program one of your midi controller buttons to send , CC 119. This will now become your permanent "save" button rather than using anything on the amp or insider.
So when your on the stage per say, and need to make an adjustment to a preset, simply call up the preset you want to make changes to(via Midi Controller, Amp controls or Insider). Then in your case,,,, turn the treble knob till you like it. Now stomp on the controller button you set up with CC118. Your preset is now resaved with only the treble changed (unless you turned another knob too). Works for all 128 presets.
I use this all the time, especially useful if your trying to change/resave your channel volumes to make all your presets the same volume level on stage...... :mrgreen:

CC 119 is one of the midi updates we pressured Blackstar to make to the amps, as previously there was no way to save a preset via midi, and/or a way to save/resave presets above #12 unless you used insider.........
Without this change it was a useless setup for live use.

• Information