ID:15TVP - 2 Questions

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Sixstringedmatt

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:27 am

Hi all,

Long time lurker with 2 questions about my ID:15TVP.

1. With respect to mid, resonance and presence controls by holding down the tap button, how do I know it's actually working? I've held the tap button and adjusted knobs on the amp and notice no change in tone. I also have held the tap button while adjusting the appropriate knobs and notice nothing. Firmware is fully updated.

2. I'm having trouble dialing in a good Texas blues sound. I have a strat with vintage style pickups. Master of the amp is at 9 o'clock. I have adjusted the gain / volume on both clean models and adjusted tube settings and can't get close. The crunch setting of the amp is useless due to the noise gate issue on these amps. Anyone able to chime in on his? Is it because my MV is low?

Thanks so much!
Matt

flimbo

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 am

1. I noticed that you have to turn the knobs until the green light by the emu out socket flashes and then the tone starts changing. They certainly make a difference in tone to me.

Sixstringedmatt

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Thanks flimbo. To confirm is that with the tap button held while simultaneously turning knobs or just after holding tap for a while?

flimbo

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Keep holding the tap button down while turning the knobs.

arch23

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Also, just a reminder, you need the firmware that support this. The latest one does.

Sixstringedmatt

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:42 am

Holding and adjusting does the trick. I re-updated firmware and that seems to have solved the issue of it not working before. Thanks both!

JamesH

Thu May 12, 2016 1:55 pm

Is there documentation about this feature? I'm not aware of this particular option...check the product handbook, not in there as far as I could tell.

James

JamesH

Thu May 12, 2016 2:03 pm

JamesH wrote:Is there documentation about this feature? I'm not aware of this particular option...check the product handbook, not in there as far as I could tell.

James
Ah, think I found it in the manual

"14. Effect Level
This modifies an effect parameter. For modulation and delay effects, turning the Level
control while holding down the Tap button (15) modifies the rate/time of the effect.
The Effects Table below shows the modifiable parameters:
This setting is saved when you store a patch."

Enlive

Thu May 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Make sure your amp is update. PLug in via USB and insider will automatically start it. Then WHILE HOLDING DOWN TAP the Bass = Resonance, Treble = Presence and ISF = Mid. When altering these only the Mid will flash green to let you know where youve stored it. Presence and Resonance can't be stored so they will not light up but you should notice big difference. I personally just like Resonance and Presence at noon where they are when you turn the amp on. Something to think about is when dealing with amps that are ground level like a 1x12 or 2x12, the perceived bass is much more than it actually is. It's best when setting up your tone to have the speakers pointed right at you so you know what exact tone is being produced. This is a lot of reason why some guitarist have their tone so high pitched and fizzy sounding. Not saying that you do this just general tips from experience.

• Information