Run a poweramp through the Emulated out?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Toneconsultant

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 pm

I have a ID Core 40 combo. Fun amp.

I used to have a preamp that was connected to an old Power amp with a few 4X12 cabs. Well the preamp died. Here's the question. The only "out" I have on this ID Core 40 is the Emulate Out/headphone jack. Will there be any harm to run the power amp through that?

I know the sound might sound odd because the emulate out is a speaker cab emulator. I get that. But is there any harm in doing this?

I basically just want to jam with some drums. The ID Core 40 is 40 watts, but I don't think it will work to jam with. I need speaker cabs!!!!! Is it possible? Any ideas?

captainnemo70

Thu May 12, 2016 4:21 pm

im assuming that you actually mean,

can i run a power amp FROM the emulated out,

not THROUGH the emulated amp.

if thats correct then yeah you can run the emulated out to a power amp, but im not sure what the signal would be like, it woould be a line level signal, as would normally be sent to a desk, if this is ok for your power amplifier then yeah no probs, either run it into the input or the FX return if it has one,

again not sure what the tone would be like but it wont be awful, it might be eqd a little off maybe cos of the cab sim, but all a cab sim is , is an eq anyway.

dont under any circumstance ever connect a power amp out into your blackstar though, it well end it.

Toneconsultant

Thu May 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Captainnemo70,

Thanks for catching and clarifying my typo. Yes, that is what I mean. And yes, thanks for the reply.

I have to admit, the whole thing is just silly. I don't even want to play that loud, but a friend really wants me to play in his band, to be "rockstars." I said, "Come on, we are too old for that." haha. Thanks again. he'll be so happy. As for me, I just don't want to blow any of my gear up. :D

• Information