Downloading new effects?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
Evilfacelessturtle

Wed May 25, 2016 7:21 am

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but can you download new effects through Insider? I'm not really happy with the stock reverb and delay options. Also different effects like chorus would be nice.

flimbo

Wed May 25, 2016 12:23 pm

No you can't download or change the built in effects. I'm not a huge fan of the delay and reverb either. Blackstar changed something about them in the latest amp firmware. You can try toggling the super wide stereo effect on or off in Insider. I found this made a big difference to the reverb/delay sounds.

Evilfacelessturtle

Wed May 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Ah, I've actually only used Insider once, and it sounds like that may be a good thing since I see people having issues with it. What does super wide stereo do?

flimbo

Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 am

Super wide stereo "expands" the stereo effect and makes it sound more spacious. It also alters the delay/reverb slightly.

CAPTAIN20

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:18 am

find a used g major 2 for tc electronics and use it in the effects loop... if you dont know about the effects loop, the mp3/line input and the emulated output can be turned to an effects loop by turning that ON through the insider... that g major 2 has awesome chorus, reverbs and i love the dynamic delay... (just like the one Hetfield uses for "ONE")... that g major is super quality effects... i love it... maybe a pedalboard can do well too.. like boss gt 100 which i really like too... you dont have to stand with the built in effects

Benbo

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:33 am

CAPTAIN20 wrote:find a used g major 2 for tc electronics and use it in the effects loop... if you dont know about the effects loop, the mp3/line input and the emulated output can be turned to an effects loop by turning that ON through the insider... that g major 2 has awesome chorus, reverbs and i love the dynamic delay... (just like the one Hetfield uses for "ONE")... that g major is super quality effects... i love it... maybe a pedalboard can do well too.. like boss gt 100 which i really like too... you dont have to stand with the built in effects
I know what you mean about the sound James makes in One, I've been trying to get that sound for a while.

CAPTAIN20

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:54 pm

yeah i love that delay James is using, the g major got me even closer to his chorus too

• Information