ID Core 20 Headphone jack fault

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
DeeDee16

Thu May 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Hey,

Has anyone had an issue with gaining stereo from the mini jack headphone socket? Had Amp 3 days before I tried with headphones and the sound is only in the left ear. Tried an alternative set of phones and still only getting sound to left ear. Love the Amp but I need headphone output for home use. Replacement by store? Or refund? :roll:

flimbo

Thu May 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Have you fully inserted the headphone jack? Sometimes if it's not all the way in this can happen.

DeeDee16

Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yeh, fully inserted, left only. I get stereo when partially inserted but this isn't ideal as unstable.

Its defo the connection in the amp which I think would be an easy fix but disappointment that I may have to wait 10 days for store to send it to Blackstar to fix.

Having only had the amp 3 days before I tied headphones to discover this issue, I wondered if this was a know defect as I think under Consumer rights I should have it exchanged?

lurkalot

Fri May 27, 2016 5:50 pm

DeeDee16 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Yeh, fully inserted, left only. I get stereo when partially inserted but this isn't ideal as unstable.

Its defo the connection in the amp which I think would be an easy fix but disappointment that I may have to wait 10 days for store to send it to Blackstar to fix.

Having only had the amp 3 days before I tied headphones to discover this issue, I wondered if this was a know defect as I think under Consumer rights I should have it exchanged?
Ask for a refund, as it's not fit for purpose. Then buy another one (if you want to that is).

• Information