ID 60 TVP Head with HTV 112 Cab Work?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
bluesdelux

Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm wondering if my 80W HTV 112 cab could handle the ID 60 TVP Head (60 Watt)? Would I be pushing it if I used them together? Ohm is compatible with them.

Thanks!

Enlive

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Your good to go as long as the speaker is atleast the same amount of watts as the head your good to go. Won't damage either. I love the ID:60 with a 2x12 though. For me if you're only going to use it with a 1x12 you might as well have gotten the ID:30 combo IMO anyways. I have my head along with a 2x12 or 4x12 cabs and for quick jamming and small gigs i have the ID:30. That little combo is more than loud enough for a legit live band practice or gig. My volume is only at 11 oclock on the master. To me the winningest combination is to have a head and cab for medium to big gigs and a 1x12 combo thats powerful enough for easy travel and small practice/gigs. Love the ID amps!

bluesdelux

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks Enlive. I appreciate the info. I have my Blackstar HT5R Head hooked up to my cab now. Sounds fantastic. It's an 80 watt Seventy 80 Celestion speaker in the cab.

I also have an ID Core 10 amp which sounds fantastic for such a little amp. Because it has such great amp modeling, I thought the ID 60 TVP head would be a great option to use with my cab. I considered the ID 30, but thought I'd get better use with the head since I can interchange it with my HT5R head. Plus, I wouldn't have to hook up any of my effect units like I do with my HT5R. They're all right there in the head on the 60 TVP.

Thanks!

• Information