Feedback Loops When Saving Patches to Library

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
EmiRocks

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi! When I save the existing 12 preset patches to my library, so that I can edit them or change their position, upon saving them to the library they usually go into a horrible feedback loop where the effects like delay or reverb don't fade out, rather go on and on and on quite loudly. I've downloaded the updated version of Insider. If I tweek the Feedback dial on the effect, that will sometimes fix the problem or not. Anyone else experiment this as it is making the amp almost useless to me. Thanks!

franckx10

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:34 am

Hi!
I'm interested by this topic because I have the same issue with my ID260TVP sometimes. :?
I think the problem is the DELAY feedback because I simply turn a little bit this button (on Insider or amp) and this phenomen stop immediately.
When I attended the demo BlackStar amplification with Steve Marks, few weeks ago, this problem is appeared too. :o
I'm looking for a answer... I will write a new post as soon as I find a solution (after christmas holiday) :D
Bye!
Franck

franckx10

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi!

I didn't find a solution to resolve this aleatory phenomen :cry:
I've just sending a mail to the official support Blackstar...
To be continued...
Regards
Franck

EmiRocks

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 pm

I did the recommended action suggested by BS. But haven't tested it yet. Their response was:

Thank you for contacting Blackstar.

Can we firstly confirm that your INSIDER software is up to date as of version 1.8.1?

There were issues involving the parameters of the effects sections when saving and recalling patches - but this has now been resolved as a result of the latest update.

We would also recommend that you update the plug-ins that control INSIDER.

Microsoft Silverlight - www.microsoft.com/silverlight

Mono Framework - http://www.mono-project.com/download/

EmiRocks

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Well, despite doing all the software updates, my BS ID60 still cannot get decent edited sounds to work on Insider. I edit existing patches adn they go into a freefall endless loop, don't fade out, just keep on going and make noise. I'm going to have to sell this amp and buy a Marshall or Orange. I really wanted to like my Blackstar, but just didn't have due to the Insider shortcomings.

flimbo

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Can you not just edit and save them on the amp? Insider is not a requirement to operate the amp and I've found it best to ignore as it's a buggy mess.

franckx10

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 pm

Hi!
In my case, these patches are saved on the amp when this problem appears.
The last version of Insider is only necessary to update some fonctionalities and/or corrections for Insider and/or for the amp.
So I think the problem is on the amp :(
Regards
Franck

• Information