ID Core 40 head volume question

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
T-Bone-BBQ

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:05 pm

I got the amp for Christmas and love it. Planning to get the footswitch for it also. Here's my question...

I'm planning to use it for some small gigs as its loud enough for what I need, but the volume difference between the clean channels and any of the crunch or OD channels is too much. Is there a way to preset the volumes so the clean channels have more volume? Will using the footswitch help this? It's an awesome little amp, but I'm afraid the volume differences will make it less usable.

Anyone out there who can help?

thebreton

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:02 pm

Hey, I contacted support about this same issue. They went into a long winded explanation of gain staging and blah blah blah. They finally got around to saying that the head is not a gigging amp, it is for practice and studio use and there is nothing that can be done about the volume imbalance. I love this head and am running it into two 1x12 open back cabs with celestions. It is great in the studio but unless I am using a clean boost with it I cannot get the volumes to get close to matching up. It is fairly well worthless for playing live as your only amp. I was very disappointed with Blackstar support over this one, but I should have tested it better. Buy online and takes your chances I guess.

• Information