unable to download patches from online forum

Exclusive competitions for the Blackstar Forum users
spdruce

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi, Until recently I have been happily downloading patches from the online community to use with my id core 40, however I now find that when I try to download the patch everything looks as if it is working as normal, I click download patch but the patch does not appear on the interface nor in the saved patches folder on my laptop. I have tried deleting a few of my stored patches but this hasnt made any difference.
I am running windows 7 professional

spdruce

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:16 am

Have now discovered that some patches download fine and others dont, cant work out any logic as to why some do and others dont.
I do love my blackstar amp but the glitchy software has seriously put me off upgrading to a more powerful amp that would also be dependent on the insider software for deep editing.
Also it seems that replies to posts are a bit thin on the ground

Lobster

Wed May 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi spdruce,

I had a similar experience recently. I'd not bothered with the insider software, but had a spare afternoon...

Was a bit gutted that it won't work with the current apple software. Eventually got it running with an older computer, but then struggled to download any patches. There is a work around though, involving opening a separate window and saving files directly to the right folder. (all is on the help page).

I know this isn't Blackstars fault, it's Apple changing things, but surely it can't be THAT hard to keep up with current software? Especially as half the ID amp owners must be playing into a Mac..

I'm also a bit surprised about the lack of activity on the forums. I've posted a few things with no response at all. Shame really, a good forum is a great reason to stick with a brand. It was the reason I stuck with Peavey for years!

STIJ

• Information