ID Core 10, no power up

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
doogunee

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:02 am

ID Core 10, no power up when switch on. Power supply is good and test by digital metal read 10v. It looks the unit dead. I read the previous post some advise to update firmware. Already try still on power up at all. Please advise how to solve the problem.

Shwnm

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:19 pm

I am having a similar problem... After plugging in, the power supply light turns steady blue... When I turn on the amp, the light flashes blue, and no lights on the amp come on...
I've tried 4 different outlets, and it only works on one...
Any ideas?

Knoxgale

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Its all about the power supply. It did the same to me, I went to the very store in which I bought it and they gave me a new one. Now it works (current problem is my laptop wont recognize it but well).

nozorama

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Can anyone help me please?
I have a brand new ID Core 40 amp.
I tried to refresh update the firmware.
Everything seamed to be alright.
I had a message that firmware was successfully updated.
At that point amp was automatically switched off and I'm unable to turn it on.
The computer doesn't recognize it anymore.
Any suggestion?
It seams really desperate.
Thank you veryveryveryvery much!!!

infraguion

Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:11 am

Same issue here.
I have an IDCORE 10, and 1 hour ago I updated the firmware from 1.0 to 1.8 (first time I updated the firmware).
It said everything went successfully, however now it doesn't power up anymore.
My concern is that I bought my amp more than 2 years ago, so it's out of warranty.
I live in Mexico, and already sent a note to the official dealer here, and waiting for a response. However, I'm more interested in a response from Blackstar itself. There has to be a way to fix this issue, even if it implies restoring to factory defaults!!!
Losing it due to a software bug is unacceptable!

BeppuxRome

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:00 pm

infraguion wrote:Same issue here.
I have an IDCORE 10, and 1 hour ago I updated the firmware from 1.0 to 1.8 (first time I updated the firmware).
It said everything went successfully, however now it doesn't power up anymore.
My concern is that I bought my amp more than 2 years ago, so it's out of warranty.
I live in Mexico, and already sent a note to the official dealer here, and waiting for a response. However, I'm more interested in a response from Blackstar itself. There has to be a way to fix this issue, even if it implies restoring to factory defaults!!!
Perfect, same situation here...
I try to update 1.0 to 1.8 via Mac, update successfully...and doesen't power on anymore.
UNACCEPTABLE to think of throwing an amplifier for the error caused by those who issue official updates. take your responsibilities and arrange things, even if you caused damage to amplifiers out of warranty. Remember, bad publicity is not good for business.

Schprocket

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:56 pm

I generally download the manual before I buy anything these days and I always check for recovery modes when anything is programmable

If you'd read page 8 of the manual, found here, then you could try the factory reset before ranting... :roll:
Factory Reset
The default factory patches and settings can be restored to your amplifier at any
time. Simply hold down the MOD, DLY and REV switches simultaneously, whilst
switching on the amplifier.

The voice LED will count down to indicate that a factory reset is imminent. If any of
the MOD, DLY and REV switches are released before the Voice LEDs have switched
off, then the operation is cancelled and the amplifier will remain unaffected.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
This process will overwrite any user saved patches and settings.
There is also another thing to consider when upgrading firmware and I'm pretty sure that the Insider software tells you this before you hit OK to download the firmware.
When running Insider, as with any utility for firmware upgrading you must connect the amp only to a USB port on the rear of a PC, otherwise anything may happen.
This means do not connect the amp via a USB hub or a front USB port (where there are any).

It's highly likely to get a message saying that the firmware has downloaded if there's a hub in use but no guarantee that it got to the amp. I had a similar thing trying to get the firmware on a Microbrute synth updated and sure enough, I had it plugged into a USB hub. :oops:

All of this information is there to read and this may explain why you're not being heard.

Now if, after performing a factory reset and ensuring that the amp is directly connected to a rear USB port when performing a firmware update it still doesn't work, then you have a case... just make sure you've done the groundwork first ;)

infraguion

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Schprocket, I got in contact with blackstar's support and they recommended to try the recovery mode, and even further by launching the insider app in so called GOD mode (shift + double click on app icon), expecting that either way would force a firmware reset to factory defaults.
The problem is that my amp doesn't show any vital sign, like if it wasn't plugged to power. I discard a problem with the power chord, because it was working perfectly until just before the firmware update.

Regrading the USB ports, I did it on my laptop, not a desktop PC. Not sure how those recommendations on which port to use relate to a laptop. If it isn't expected to install the software in a laptop, which doesn't make any sense nowadays, it should be specified much clearer.

Anyways, after those attempts to recover it, the conclusion seems to be that the chip got screwed and needs to be replaced. I'm trying to figure out how to do that with the local distributor in Mexico, since my amp is out of warranty.

I still think that this seems to be an issue with the product itsekf, therefore, Blackstar should proactively take care of it. I'm not willing to put money to fix it. If that's the only way out, then I rather spend it in another brand.

BeppuxRome

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:02 pm

NO MORE BLACKSTAR!! Even I have said the same things from Blackstar customer service. Of course being out of warranty do I have to pay any repair, resulting in loss of time and money? ... All this for an "official" software defect issued by Blackstar? Impractical, absurd and unbelievable. We realize that this claim for their mistake we must overcome us to the problem? my ID-CORE 40 amps, is out of warranty, always worked well and I have to throw it because I decided to update it? I work every day like IT, know well the various practices update and downgrade and I upgraded my amplifier with a macbook pro (2015), certificate usb cable attached to one of the USB ports powered not by the battery. recognized amplifier immediately, ok firmware update, restart…and after death ... tell me where I went wrong. Now I have a dead amplifier, should I buy some another (never Blackstar), and if I wanted to fix it I have to do it at my money for a problem that caused me directly the official firmware update Blackstar ... it seems normal? I will do everything to discourage the purchase to any person I know (and in Rome we have a lots of musicians), why do not you take around so people. We are all customers and we have spent money, those few...those many... but if you exist only thanks to us. NO MORE BLACKSTAR!!! :evil:

TomfromNJ

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:36 pm

I bought a Blackstar ID Core 10 about 5 months ago. Used sparingly. Amp works fine but power supply is not good. Problem I am having is with the coax connection in the back. The power supply light is Blue. However, the tightness of the connection between the male jack and female plug is poor and wobbles. As long as the connection is made OK the amp powers up fine. A bit of wiggle and the power dies. Loss of power is intermittent and VERY frustrating. Amps has 1 year warranty. Hopefully the power connection is covered. I've seen this problem before with laptop power chords. The coax connection is a poor choice unless it is designed properly. I think my power chord is fine. There are two screws holding the male jack connection in place on the back of the amp. Not sure if the connection can be replaced with something tighter. I sent a service request to Korg - will see if they respond. Anyone seeing the same problem? Any advice? I can crimp the female connection but don't want to create more issues.

• Information