Monitoring through PC cuts off all other audio from PC

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
scotteh

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Hey guys.

I have a Core ID 10 and I'm running it through USB to record/monitor. I'm doing it exactly as Blackstar advises in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw9rygUt-vk

The problem is when I add a track on Reaper and ASIO activates (icon appears in the taskbar). All other audio on my computer will mute, e.g youtube videos/flash player etc. It's annoying as I can't use youtube to learn songs or whatever. The only audio I can get is directly from the amp/guitar. It fixes itself as soon as I close Reaper.

Is there any way around this? I just want to be able to hear youtube as well as the amp/guitar. Perhaps a different DAW might work?

Thanks

miket

Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:55 pm

No, your DAW software is taking priority and it will use the record interface driver instead of the computer.

Some have used a workaround of the EM out and sending to the line in or a sep mixer. Not aware of any interfaces that allow the user to run multiple drivers in different apps.

same happens with my Focusrite interface. If I use the Blackstar USB, all audio is directed through there. When I disconnect the BS, the Focusrite is then available. Either will disable my computer audio.

• Information