INSIDER 1.8.0

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
rpatzelt

Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:44 am

I don't know where to put this topic, but since it's related with my ID Core 100 amp...

Well, I've just installed the 1.8.0 Insider hoping it will come with ID Core 100 support (on the previous you cannot find ID Core 100 listed) and I was struck with this crazy situation: now I've found my amp listed...but I cannot use community patches anymore! :shock:

After trying a lot...I've proceed to uninstall it and put back 1.7.9. Now things works fine (of course, with this annoying dialog that tell me that "the patch was made for another amp type").

I'm the only one getting this issue?
Is there any hope to integrate better ID Core HP series into Insider? I'm looking for patches created for ID Core, you know...

Radu.

rpatzelt

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Up! Somebody from Blackstar's technical staff? Please tell me if it's a common issue or I've done something wrong.
Thanks!

Baz76

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Still waiting for my ID:Core 150 to be added to the list. Tried downloading the various patches and they all come with a warning that they were created for a different amp and may not work as intended which is a bit of a dissapointment :(

miket

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Presets made for IDC10,20,40 may sound different due to the speakers used in the high power 100 and 150 series. They are not Full Range speakers, and teh other thing they don't have is the extra modulation effects in the IDC100/150. I have the IDC40 and the IDC100. Presets translate ok, but a couple tweaks might be required.

There have been more presets created with the IDC10/20/40 and the Insider Software doesn't eliminate them from the choices of user presets. Similar to other brands of modelers that cross different product lines. If the new product has different options, those may not be listed, and presets made with newer products usually won't be as compatible with older products. It was like that with my Fractal gear.

• Information