Which Amp to suit my needs before purchase, please respond

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
Pacemaker1000

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Small music room 10x10 ft at family friendly volume.
Using also to play guitar effects unit through on aux in
Playing music backing tracks through for jamming

Love the look and features of Blackstar but a demo is out of the question due to location. Currently have a Fender Mustang 1 V2 but it needs cranking up to get decent sound. Also the speaker mono and not full frequency.

Looks like any ID Core would be good and don't have problem with pricing but due to the fact the Fender needs turning up to get good sound yet anything above '2' on the volume knob is too loud not sure how this works with Blackstar. Head says bigger speaker better frequencies but that means more power and less volume. If that make sense.

If I use it mainly as just a stereo playback for the effects unit will the V2 be of benefit? (Original on discount)

Wild card would be the HT-1 tube which apparently is great at low volume but not sure on its frequency response. Plus would loose the stereo effects.

Love to order asap so please give your opinions

Many thanks

Pacemaker1000

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Anyone?

miket

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:42 am

ID Core 100 is a fun amp and has the features and power needed. Nice FS12 option for footswitch too. This amp will hang with a drummer.

Small room and ID Core 40 might surprise you. The Super Wide Stereo will blow you away. It's a cool amp. I use it when I travel and for home practices. It's not going to hold with a loud drummer, but will work for Line IN mp3's and what not.

ID Core lines are Solid State amps, but are very dynamic. Volume level vs gain is fairly linear.

Pacemaker1000

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:57 am

Strictly home use only needed so no more than 40. In fact that maybe too much?

bill0287

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:26 pm

40 would be overkill for sure.

I would look at the HT-5R. I have a similar setup for home recording. Using pedals in front and through the effects loop. Nice tone even at lower volumes.

HT-1 might even work.

Pacemaker1000

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Thanks Bill, nice to get a response it's quiet on here.
You've answered one question I Started another thread as was decided on the 20 or 40. Assuming they sound the same at low volume I thought the 20 would be better choice as it's being driven harder.

Not using effects loop. But would like to use the aux in direct from iPad interface to use amplitude etc on and backing tracks to take advantage of the wide stereo and low volume power

bill0287

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:37 pm

It's really a personally choice, but you won't be able to drive the 20 or 40 very hard in a small room - it'll be pretty loud. I can crank up my HT-5, and though it's generally too loud as well, it is tolerable for short periods of time. But if you also need to play live with it, the 20 might be a good choice.

I recommend trying it out first. I played a 20 in my local music store and honestly didn't like tone as much as my HT5. I was going to trade up be decided to stick with the 5.

Pacemaker1000

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:21 pm

If I was to go down that road then the ht-1 would be on my list.
No live playing. Want something I can plug my iPad into for effects and music. On paper the Yamaha THR10 is ideal at low volume and was hoping the Blackstar ID CORE was an alternative. It's either that or monitors

• Information