Latest version of Insider

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
lurkalot

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:00 pm

So is Insider version 181 the latest version of this software?

I was just looking at the product info for the ID:Core v2 and it seems the software offered for this latest series also uses this old version which I have for my old ID:Core 40 v1. Surely they're offering something a bit more up to date for the version 2 amps. I mean most of the system specs are well out of date, no mention of Windows 10, Flash will be dead in 2020, and Internet Explorer. I do run this on Windows 10, but I'm kinda shocked that after all this time they haven't updated the info to say it's compatible. And they probably have lost Amp sales after people noticed the software doesn't apparently run on modern PC's when at the moment it actually does.

Windows® Requirements
•Microsoft® Windows XP® (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista®, Windows 7® or Windows 8® Intel® Pentium® 4 2GHz or faster (or equivalent)
•1GB RAM or greater
•1GB free HDD space
•Minimum display resolution of 1024x768
•Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later
•Microsoft.NET® Framework 4.0 or later (included within Blackstar INSIDER installer)
•Microsoft Silverlight® 5.0 or later
•Internet connection for accessing the Online Community
•Adobe Flash Player (installed via Internet Explorer®) for downloading patches from the Online Community.

So what's in the pipeline for new updated software, anyone got any inside info?

fender62

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:57 pm

message i received about same question - This is something we're working on right now, and will be looking to have an update on it in the coming weeks.

ccjmusic

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:18 pm

I had concerns about Insider not working on Windows 10 before I bought my ID Core 10 V2 a couple of weeks ago. I was assured that it did work and I can attest to that. You have to install it via Internet Explorer to make sure it installs OK. You also need to make sure you have Silverlight 5 installed.

Outatime

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Hopefully it will involve an Android/IOS version of the program.

BDX

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 am

fender62 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:57 pm
message i received about same question - This is something we're working on right now, and will be looking to have an update on it in the coming weeks.
That's the status for about 2 or 3 years now. Blackster simply doesn't care about customers. And btw it's even worse if you're on Mac. Blankster insider won't work on any Mac that came out in the last 3 years or so!

Outatime

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:03 am

BDX wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 am
That's the status for about 2 or 3 years now. Blackster simply doesn't care about customers. And btw it's even worse if you're on Mac. Blankster insider won't work on any Mac that came out in the last 3 years or so!
That's a shame because this is a damn good sounding amp.

surfymark

Tue May 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Just in case anyone is reading this and using a Mac.

Insider now works with Mojave and will also run on a VM running Mojave (if you want to run Catalina - as I am).

Hope that helps
Mark

Lobster

Wed May 27, 2020 6:45 pm

surfymark wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:29 pm
Just in case anyone is reading this and using a Mac.

Insider now works with Mojave and will also run on a VM running Mojave (if you want to run Catalina - as I am).

Hope that helps
Mark
Hi Mark,

Thats an interesting answer! I recently connected my ID:100 TVP for the first time. Went well, after a lot of messing about. My laptop is Catalina, so wouldn't work. I had to tear my 'studio' apart and balance my old iMac (still Mojave) on a drum stool to make the lead reach!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'VM running Mojave'? Will it make my Catalina laptop work with insider?

Mind you, I've ordered a 6M USB lead now, so I can carry on with my trusty recording pooter.

A first world problem if ever there was one! God, when I think back to the 'solutions' we came up with 30 years ago... :D I remember stringing about ten guitar cabs together to act as a PA at a gig once (Ohms? What are Ohms?). These days it's more 'How can I avoid having to move at all during recording...' :D

STIJ

TeddytheBear

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 am

Hi everyone,

Is there any news if Insider Software is getting updated to 64 bit to work on Catalina + on Mac?
I wrote email to Blackstar but nobody replied.

Dropping 32bit by Apple wasn't a surprise, they announced it way before the premiere, than it's over a year since the release of Catalina. Apple has managed to release a new update to Big Sur, but BS didn't managed to get their.
By saying "This change is currently affecting software and hardware products across the audio industry" they say it as if they put the blame on Apple instead on updating it's software. It's very short sighted from their side to create a 32bit software and expect it will last forever and than blame on the manufacturer it's their fault that the Insider doesn't work anymore :D.
So let me get that clear, first thing Blackstar promotes a product that supposed to be used with a computer and Insider Software and than just doesn't care any more.

By this point I don't think BS is going to update it to 64bit. I'm really disapointed about this and I'll never buy Blackstar product again.

• Information