Insider/ MAC OS High Sierra Compatibility?

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
reddvette

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 am

Just purchased an ID Core 20 V2 only to discover that the Insider software is not compatible with my iMAC's OS High Sierra Operating System. NOT HAPPY!!! Any word on when Blackstar plans to do an update to make the Insider software compatible with High Sierra?

tlockett

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:03 pm

They will NEVER update it to work, I contacted them in December 2018, and they basically said end of life product...

surfymark

Tue May 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Just to let you know they updated Insider to work with Mojave.

Unfortunately it is not compatible with Cataline but I have built a VM that I am running on my Macbook Pro running Mojave and I can connect the amp to Insider fine on the VM.

Hope that helps!
Mark

Lobster

Wed May 27, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi Redd,

I assume you've tried updating your apple software?

If you can install Mojave, all will be well.

Mark, I'd love to know how you got Insider running with Catalina. Would save me a long lead!

STIJ

SteveWest

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Considering that Blackstar are still promoting amps such as the ID Core series, for which a significant selling point is the Insider software, it is pretty poor that they don't seem to be planning to rebuild the app for the latest versions of mainstream operating systems such as macOS Catalina. Having recently bought a new Mac, I was very disappointed that Insider won't run on it.

• Information