USB connected - cyclical Noise (ID:Core 20 V3)

Discussion - ID:Core amplifiers.
BLFS

Mon May 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Hey there, any help is appreciadted. I´ve searched the internet not finding the right solution: I´ve set up my ID Core Amp directly via USB (C) into my Windows 10 PC and it´s running (low latency using ASIO4All) - i can record using all 4 Blackstar Amps.

BUT: I get a buzzing noise every 15 seconds as shown in the picture (listen to the mp3 on https://app.box.com/s/l8cpcpjwbcivgpb6xbtvkswfxtgs4mqw also). Can anybody help me solving this?

fender62

Wed May 12, 2021 6:42 pm

try the same setup in someone els's house, to rule out a wiring problem in the house,

BLFS

Wed May 12, 2021 8:02 pm

Thanks for your reply. Found a solution by using an iSilencer+ (Amazon). No more noises, everything seems tonwork fine.

4sentieri

Wed May 19, 2021 10:47 am

BLFS wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:02 pm
Thanks for your reply. Found a solution by using an iSilencer+ (Amazon). No more noises, everything seems tonwork fine.
HI, I've the same problem... but i cannot understand if the source of the noise is in the Amp. in the daw (so in the PC) or if it is an external source (electrical equipment in the near rooms...). Did you?

Thanks!

BLFS

Wed May 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Hm, got the same problem again, just a little damped but noticeable. I don’t know but i will check tis with another computer in another room next days. Will take some time cos I’m busy.

gdavid

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:02 am

Same problem.

And beyond that, I can't get the 4 different USB inputs into my DAW.

Contacted Blackstar, but they don't seem to know what the problem is and also don't seem to be interested in resolving it.

I bought this specifically for ease of recording with USB. So its been a waste.

I will sell it and get a PROPER audio interface. Wish I'd have done that in the beginning!

BLFS

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:08 am

Solution is easy, if you know it. Just switch to 48,000 Khz and the noise is gone. Depends on the way the amp software works. Blackstar must highlight this inside description! 4 channels is sometimes working, sometimes not. I’ve noticed Studio One doesn’t work well with that amp.

gdavid

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:19 pm

BLFS wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:08 am
Solution is easy, if you know it. Just switch to 48,000 Khz and the noise is gone. Depends on the way the amp software works. Blackstar must highlight this inside description! 4 channels is sometimes working, sometimes not. I’ve noticed Studio One doesn’t work well with that amp.
Well actually its not so easy lol. That was the Blackstar tech's only recommendation. Here's the result @48kHz...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13i36FK ... sp=sharing
** (sorry, its not obvious how to post an image here)

This screenshot shows the 4 USB inputs with recording activated. Notice that #4 is not affected. I'm not sure if this one is the pure signal direct from the guitar or not, as the amp was set on clean anyway. My DAW is Cakewalk.

I'm gonna take 1 more week to try to resolve this. If it doesn't function as they advertise, I'll get rid of it. Not even interested in just using it as an amp after all this I'll just dump this POS and go back to my trusty 16 year old Microcube. Its NEVER failed me in 100s of recordings plugged direct into my laptop!

• Information