Fly 3 Noise?

Discussion - FLY 3 and FLY 3 BASS amplifiers.
nizz

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:52 pm

After fiddling around with my Fly 3 for a few days, I noticed some kind of sharp digital noise when I play through the speaker, with or without the extension cab (on the clean channel, with no delay and with just enough gain to have an acceptable "bedroom" volume). It's like a small volume noise playing along of the normal output, not like it's a part of it, and only when there's decent input volume (it fades out when the input fades out, producing a whooshing sound like a bad digital flanger on the down part). It happens both on batteries and the power supply. It doesn't seem to get through the phones out though. Has anybody noticed anything similar? Is it normal or may there be something wrong with my unit?

themickster

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:06 am

Take it back under the 3 year warranty. I've not known any review talking about noise from the Fly, nor heard it in mine.

themickster

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:18 am

themickster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:06 am
Take it back under the 3 year warranty. I've not known any review talking about noise from the Fly, nor heard it in mine.
I was miss-told on the warranty by the shop. UK warranty is 1 year with option for 3. Are you in the UK?

• Information