Blackstar Fly 3 Settings

Discussion - FLY 3 and FLY 3 BASS amplifiers.
BrotherNorm

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 am

Hi Folks,
I`m new on here and also new to Blackstar amps so sorry if this is a silly question,but does anyone have any settings for the Fly 3,
i`m currently using a Behringer V-Amp through the Fly, but i`d like to get rid of that and try going from my Les Paul straight into the Fly,
i normally play 70s and 80s rock, such as Skynyrd,Humble Pie,Sammy Hagar, Foghat,Joan Jett
Hope you guys can help

Sonofarich

Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:12 pm

There's really not that much to the Fly...decide between clean or OD channel, set gain to desired level, set delay to a light/ambient repeat and twist ISF to taste.

DirtDiver

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:44 pm

I just got mine, so playing around with it.

I found this settings video - https://youtu.be/lRlsY4sNuXk

1 minute, 20 seconds in - shows his settings. These settings seem pretty good. But, I ‘m curious what others do, too.

Couple things also mentioned elsewhere -
1)Volume settings on guitar at 10.
2)And, the Fly 3 will sound different depending on where you place it. ie.- level with your head instead of in the floor. I think I saw one video of someone using it face down to muffle it a bit, but I can’t find that video again.

I also like headphones with this amp. I have good ones, not great ones.

sharase23

Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:43 am

Going from your Les Paul straight into the Fly will give you a cleaner, more direct signal, which can be especially useful for the type of rock music you mentioned. You can also experiment with different amp settings and pedals to shape your tone, as well as utilize the built-in effects in the Fly for added versatility. Keep in mind that the tone from a guitar can vary greatly based on the pickups and electronics, so you may want to consider upgrading those as well.
subway surfers

victorable

Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:20 am

I found that Fly 3 is very good, does not seem to need to install anything and is still suitable for different genres of music Drift Boss

bekean

Thu May 11, 2023 4:05 am

The Fly 3 has EQ controls for bass and treble. For your desired rock wordle tones, you can start with the bass and treble controls at around 12 o'clock (neutral position). From there, you can tweak them to add more warmth or brightness, depending on your preference.

paulahong

Mon May 15, 2023 3:46 am

Using the Behringer V-Amp through Fly to play rock genres like Skynyrd, Humble Pie, Sammy Hagar I find it very good. For me, this is appropriate fleeing the complex

mayomayo72218

Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:12 am

I never really thought about being able to go straight from my Les Paul to Fly. can this make the sound more vivid?
Vampire Survivors

emmausa0106

Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:15 am

Blackstar Fly 3 offers diverse audio ports. You can connect a microphone, an external audio source, or a music player such as a phone or computer. Using the appropriate cable, connect your audio device to the input port on the Fly 3.

• Information