Using a Fly as a stage monitor: Speaker/Amp Difference between Fly 3 and Fly Bass?

Discussion - FLY 3 and FLY 3 BASS amplifiers.
escapetheclouds

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:21 am

Besides the actual effects on the Fly 3 and Fly Bass amps, is there any difference between the speaker/amplifier portions themselves? For instance, if I run the same backing track through them, will it sound identical on both amps, or will the Fly Bass actually put out better low-end?

I realize we're talking about tiny 3 watt amps, so here's why I ask: I'm looking to get the Blackstar Carry On Guitar Deluxe package, which includes the Fly 3. Along with standard guitar amp usage (jamming, practicing, etc.) I'd also like to use it as an ad-hoc stage monitor.

When I drive to gigs, I usually bring a small monitor with me, so no matter the venue's PA setup, I'm covered. However, I've flown to gigs where I had to leave my monitor behind and arrived to find there's no stage monitor. If I'd had a small speaker to fill in, it would've helped greatly. The catch: I'm playing along with some pretty energetic backing tracks, so I'd like to have the best range possible (relatively speaking). Hence why I'm asking if the Fly Bass actually produces better bass over the Fly 3.

Thanks!

• Information