Your location?

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
TEMPA

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 am

Hey guys,

Been dabbling for just over a year but still very much at novice level! Been taking lessons since the start of the year and have improved dramatically from where I was. Still a long way to go.

I just bought a HT-5S today, picking it up after work! Can't wait.

I live in a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria in the land Down Under in Australia.

I have a Fender Mexican Strat in sunburst, an Ibanez RG420 Spider inlay and my first guitar - a Cort X-1. I am a novice with 3 guitars.... Funny but true. The Cort was a Christmas present and the others have come about because I have stumbled across ridiculously good offers to buy them. Too good to walk away from type of deals! All bought new from stores. Same thing with my HT-5, have been toying with the idea for awhile and was given a price too good to walk away from!

Cheers!

gt_jumper

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:12 am

TEMPA wrote:Hey guys,

Been dabbling for just over a year but still very much at novice level! Been taking lessons since the start of the year and have improved dramatically from where I was. Still a long way to go.

I just bought a HT-5S today, picking it up after work! Can't wait.

I live in a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria in the land Down Under in Australia.

I have a Fender Mexican Strat in sunburst, an Ibanez RG420 Spider inlay and my first guitar - a Cort X-1. I am a novice with 3 guitars.... Funny but true. The Cort was a Christmas present and the others have come about because I have stumbled across ridiculously good offers to buy them. Too good to walk away from type of deals! All bought new from stores. Same thing with my HT-5, have been toying with the idea for awhile and was given a price too good to walk away from!

Cheers!
They are great amps even if you have expensive amps, the HT-5 can still have that something the other dont.

6StringBender

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 am

Hi all........My name is Gary Lee.......I'm working on a CD for release under the name "Blue Leroy".
My wife (my biggest moral support) and I live in the beautiful, rolling foothills of Northeast Alabama USA, where any direction you go is either uphill or downhill, because there is NO flat land larger than a square kilometer to be found.
I'm almost 47, and have been playing since my 11th birthday, started on acoustic, switched to bass, then back to 6 string.
in '89 & '90 I was in a band called "Calamity Jane" (NOT the folk trio now using that name) and now play and record mostly for my own pleasure/therapy.
My Blackstar is my "go to" amp, and soon i'll be replacing the generic (blue F/J inkstamp on back) Jensen in my cab for something that REALLY wails.
I have several guitars, i'll list them in order of aquisition.
1. '88 Gibson Les Paul 30th Anniversary '58 Plaintop-Vintage Burst.
2. '02 Washburn D-10SB acoustic-Ebony.
3. '04 Epi. G-400 Deluxe Flametop-Vintage Flame.
4. '05 Fender Mexican Tele, with Kent Armstrong Hot Twinrail bridge p'up, & Bigsby w/roller bridge-Vintage Burst .
5. '05 Gibson "67 Reissue" Flying V-Ebony.
6. '07 Epi. Sheraton II-Ebony.
7. '08 Fender Malibu Acoustic/Electric-Natural "THIS GUITAR IS JUNK>>>>DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL!!!!"
8. '98 Epi. Les Paul Standard Plus-Cherry Burst Flametop.
9. '08 SX SJM '57- Antique Cream. (A thick bodied Jaguar-ish guitar w/2 P-90s)
10. '09 Epi. '56 Reissue Les Paul Gold Top, w/2 P-90s.
11. '09 Agile 3000 Prestige Les Paul- Honey Burst Flametop. ( a $400 guitar that is a MUCH better guitar than my 30th Anniversary LP)
12. '04 Epi. EJ-200 Super Jumbo Acoustic- Vintage Burst.
I've sold and traded away many many guitars, and regret losing each of them.

I've played the gamut pretty much, rock,metal,hair,punk,blues,and country.........now I stick with mostly blues and country, with a little rock & metal occasionally just for fun.
I'll post pics of my guitars in the appropriate thread later.

falkedup

Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 am

Brian here from New Jersey, USA.
im 22, been playin for about 4 years and im not very great but im completely obsessed with tone. i have not received my blackstar yet, but it should be shipped out on monday :)

i decided to go with the ht 20, as the 40 would probably be too loud for bedroom playing and probably wont sound great at lower volumes

sleepeatplay

Sun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

falkedup wrote:Brian here from New Jersey, USA.
im 22, been playin for about 4 years and im not very great but im completely obsessed with tone. i have not received my blackstar yet, but it should be shipped out on monday :)

i decided to go with the ht 20, as the 40 would probably be too loud for bedroom playing and probably wont sound great at lower volumes
I hope your neighbors like you. :D Have fun with it, these are excellent amps.

gt_jumper

Mon May 03, 2010 2:30 am

falkedup wrote:Brian here from New Jersey, USA.

Dude Even the 20 watter needs to be quite (read neighbour annoyingly) loud to sound good. at low volumes its very bland and distant sounding. but damn it cranks when its up. HT-5 is a great cheap little amp for very low volume tones!

lucidspoon

Mon May 03, 2010 6:06 pm

My name's Blake, and I'm from a small town in Indiana, US. I've been playing for about 13 years. I've been playing in a hard rock band for the past year or so that plays a few small shows each month. We play kind of hard rock / metal, but mixed with jazz tones / feeling.

I haven't received the HT Studio 20 and HTV-212 that I ordered yet, so I'm anxiously awaiting them. My current amp is a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 halfstack, but I'm hoping the Blackstar will be able to work well for some of our smaller venues, so I don't have to lug the halfstack around everywhere. ;) I usually leave my 4x12 cabinet at our practice space, so it'll also be nice to have a speaker cabinet (that's better than my old Crate 4x12) at home too.

black_on_black

Tue May 04, 2010 12:29 am

Manhattan.

jon.bevis

Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey,

I'm Jon 35 from Swansea, South Wales. UK. Been playing about 20 years now, mostly Rocky, funky, grungy kina stuff.

I'm lovin the HT Stage 100 I just got my paws on, and I'm gettin loadsa comments from people at every gig who think its AMAZING.

WWW.JUDGETUXEDO.COM

SSGFowler

Wed May 12, 2010 12:28 am

Hi!
My name is Scott, I'm 44, played for about 15 years, and I live in Murfreesboro Tennessee. I currently own (apparently) the only HT-5 Combo ever sold in my part of the country.
It's a great amp, but I really need something a bit louder since I started jamming out again, so since I have some really nice speaker cabs (with better speakers than the stock combo speaker) I'm in the market for an HT-20 head as soon as they show up in my area.

Guitars: '07 Gibson SG Special (UN)Faded (Ask me about that one...)
'08 Gibson SG Special Classic (P-90s...yummy)
(I like Gibson SGs. They do everything I need)

Amp: Blackstar HT-5 1x10 Combo

Etc... 1x10 and 1x12 cabs w/ better speakers than stock the HT-5 combo
Pedaltrain pedalboard w/ the all basic stompboxes you need to make a THUD

• Information