Your location?

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
chris taylor

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey all,

Chris from Haverhill, MA USA here. Been playing guitar since 1989. Currently in a rock n' roll cover band and proud owner of a brand new HT Stage 60. The thing cranks and sounded so sweet right outta the box. Now with 25 hours playing time, it really has opened up. Love this amp. Mostly into rock n' roll music (and that is everything from AC/DC to Alice In Chains to Metallica to Slayer to Lamb Of God to Social Distortion to Black Crowes to Allman Brothers to GnR and all points in between).

My Gear:
Blackstar HT Stage 60
Peavey ValveKing 212
Gibson Explorer Gothic
Gibson Epiphone Les Paul
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Classic
MXR Carbon Copy
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss SD1
Ibanez CS9
Boss TU2

ROCK ON!!

Kortnee

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi all! I'm from Atlanta :D For now, I'm without a band, I write songs and record them on my own. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time for rehearsals and hence bands but I hope one day I'll be able.

tdurr6622

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Wow. Ok
I'm Tim, I started playing a classical guitar at 12, wasn't what I wanted to play, but Mom was only paying for lesson for music she could tolerate. This would have been about 1974 in SanDiego Calif.
Finally got my first electric guitar, a japanese Les Paul copy, Not an Ibenez but up there. Started jamming seriously with a bass and another guitarist at this time in Va. Beach Va.
Back to San Diego for a whille, played in my first garage bands a 15 in San Diego. All volume little talent, going thing. Glad we got past that. Played a Guild S100, and a HIWATT amp.
Then the Air Force and being a single parent made music hard for a while.
Worked my way back into shape in my 40's and went out gigging for 5 years or so solid. Mostly Bass. We were actually pretty good, got on the radio a few times and cut a CD. In a real studio in Oklahoma City.
Now I mostly just play, both guitar and bass everyday. Not much gigging, I got to see the best of the late 60's, and the whole 70's. I'll take the trade off.
Been to both US Festevals

That's probably more than enough

fender62

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:08 pm

dave here, im in wales u.k
currently have an ibanez rg1570 and fender lite ash stratocaster using an id core 150 she's loud and some....
been playing since i was 10yrs old 54 now ouch... had a long hiatus from playing, raising family etc.
bit rusty but, like anything once you learn how to swim, you never forget..

Kofisnana

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:16 am

hi all, I'm Andy from San Marcos, CA.
I use core stereo 100 bonus pak

Brandyn

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm from Georgia in the USA. I've been a Bass player for 11 years. Until recently because of some back problems I was in a few bands for about the last 10 years. I'm also a singer, we played mostly Classic Rock, Southern Rock and a little bit of Country.
Since I'm not currently Gigging ive decided I want to learn the guitar. So I bought a Blackstar ID 30, it's got very good sound . I'll​ be playing a Ibanez N427 that I've acquired through the years. Im a Bass player yet I've acquired 3 PA systems, 2 drum kits, 3 acoustic guitars, 2 electric guitars and of course several Bass's. I'm sure many of you are in the same boat as I when it comes to music equipment.

• Information