Hi from Scotland!

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
Wolfshead

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi all, I'm a 38 year old metal-head (whose favourite band is Jethro Tull!) and I've just bought my first Blackstar product, an HT20 combo.
I've been in a gigging band in the past but backline was always provided so never had any need for a really good amp. Best one I've had was my AVT150 which I really loved, especially when I added a 1922 cab but it never got any use so up until today I was just using a Marshall MG15 and practicing/jamming directly into my computer using my old Line 6 Toneport.
Anyway, we are looking at getting an extension built so my one stipulation to the wife is that I can pick up a guitar and have an amp ready to go at any time in the extension so...I needed a nice amp, right?! :twisted: I've always planned on getting a nice Marshall but a few years ago I saw the Blackstar stuff in magazines and it was always getting great reviews despite the competitive price. I was looking at adding an HT-Dual pedal to my little Marshall MG15 just to get a little flavour of the valve tones but they cost from £90 - £180... Then I saw this HT20 on my local Gumtree for £290 ono. I paid £250 for it. :)
Only had it half an hour, and I've got housework to do and need to work on my new book (I've written a couple of historical fiction novels, Wolf's Head and The Wolf & The Raven) so I might not get get much time to play with the amp today. Had a quick play along to Tull's "Farm on the Freeway" with my PRS SE Custom 24 and I love it so far!

Anyway.....hi from Scotland! :D

Wolfshead

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Busy forum eh? :lol:

• Information