Hello from Washington DC!

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
Anthonyshr3d

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 am

Hello! My name is Anthony! I am new to the Blackstar forum so I decided to introduce myself! I am FTP
Northern Virginia/Washington DC and I play in the band LAKEVIEW. I am 21 years old and have been playing the guitar for 11 years.

A few months ago, I was shopping around for a new amp to tour with, mostly 2x12 combo amps because my half stacks were a pain to load/unload in and out of the trailer. I spotted a few friends of mine on warped tour playing 2x12s, and since I mostly play venues that mic my rig, I decided to look for one.

I came across a few videos of the Blackstar amps. I instantly loved the way they looked and the features of the amp, but I am not one to purchase something without playing it first. I went into a guitar center in Maryland, where they just so happened to ship in an ht club 40 combo when I walked through the door. The salesman told me it was a custom order for a customer, but I begged him to let me play it. He let me take it into the loud room, grabbed a Gibson les Paul classic and started to check out the amp.

I instantly fell in love with the amp. They weren't lying when they said this would be "the sound in my head". I was so impressed that I left and put my rig up for sale on craigslist that night. A few days later, I was able to purchase my ht stage 60. I swapped out the speakers for 2 16 ohm celestion vintage 30s (my preference for my cabinets) and I literally fall in love everytime I take her off standby. This amp has so much personality. The ISF control really helps me shape the tone I hear in my head. It really caters to my playing.

I have gone through many amps in the past few years including a Mesa triple recto, 6505, Carvin v3, a few marshalls and I can't stress to you how much better the Blackstar is. I've never fallen for an amp this hard. I just played my Blackstar last night for the first time In a live setting, and I had atleast 30 to 40 people compliment my tone. I gave Blackstar all the credit.

Anyways, I hope to talk to all of you guys soon!
Hopefully going to be posting here Alot. If you'd like to check out my band go to myspace.com/lakeviewva or facebook.com/lakeviewva. We will be on tour in march and febuary supporting out debut album release (out Jan 15th). Talk to you guys soon!

KKND

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 am

Hello there Anthony and welcome Image

Please join us in the HT Venue discussion forum, where we discuss and share our love for HT series amps.

I too happen to own a stage 60 as well and looking to swap the speakers with vintage 30, what style do you play and how the vintage 30s sound in the stage 60, i heard they are harsh on the mids n treble side Image

Appreciate your opinion....

Thanks

Ammar

Anthonyshr3d

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome! The vintage 30s give the amp an overall balance. Slightly Warmer and also Alot more clarity (bass response is Alot more focused). I am going to order the 2x12 extension cab tonight and see how the seventy80s sound with the vintage 30s. I enjoy a harsh tone, so the mids and treble do not bother me, I love to cut through the mix (we play a slightly heavy style with midi backing tracks live). Overall I am impressed with the way the speakers compliment the amp!

KKND

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Okay i am gonna bother you a bit, cause you are the first person here with V30s in a stage 60 so....
1-I am looking to get that chugging palm muted rhythm tone of Metallica

2- Liquid smooth leads of slash

V30 and stage 60...yes or now ? :shock:

• Information