Blackstar HT-60 2x12 IN THE HOUSE!

Tell everyone about your background and why you chose Blackstar
stage60

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Just received this last week, after much research. Let me start off by saying I've owned 3 Marshall DSL's, a JCM800 2205, Soldano Hot Rod, (2) Peavey JSX's, a 5150, 6505, 6505+, Mesa Stiletto, Mesa F-30, (2) Laney GH50L's, a GH100L, Splawn Quick Rod, and others I can't remember.

This Blackstar has given me more inspiration, and satisfaction than I can remember. I'm very pleased with it, and plan to make it even better with speaker upgrades!

Happy to be here, and look forward to helping, offering help, and meeting others, as pleased as I am about Blackstar amps!

odgeuk

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:18 pm

stage60 wrote:Just received this last week, after much research. Let me start off by saying I've owned 3 Marshall DSL's, a JCM800 2205, Soldano Hot Rod, (2) Peavey JSX's, a 5150, 6505, 6505+, Mesa Stiletto, Mesa F-30, (2) Laney GH50L's, a GH100L, Splawn Quick Rod, and others I can't remember.

This Blackstar has given me more inspiration, and satisfaction than I can remember. I'm very pleased with it, and plan to make it even better with speaker upgrades!

Happy to be here, and look forward to helping, offering help, and meeting others, as pleased as I am about Blackstar amps!
How does it compare to the JSX? Thinking about getting a JSX 120 as I'm impressed with the 'punch' on all the channels (great for filling out if you're a lone guitarist in the band) and the versatility to cover anything from Pop to Metal. However, the JSX is a little bland on the Crunch and could do with being a bit more 'Marshally'. The clean is nice too but in a Jazzy, Fender-ish way, not a Hendrix / Stevie RV way. So I was thinking about a HT-100 but am concerned it won't fill the sound as much as the JSX. Certainly my older vintage Marshalls could never compete in a band mix with a JSX just through the bottom end that the JSX brings to the table. Any thoughts?

• Information